Eminem iPod Ad

fregedegpo

macrumors member
May 27, 2004
finally.... :)

I have to say, this new direction they are going is so superior in my opinion. It's more creative, has more texture and emotion. I love it. Never was a fan of the original iPod ad styles, although granted they were very very effective. I'm rally happy to see this change.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
I just settled all my lawsuits, **** you Debbie! :p :eek: :D

EDIT: Applemacdude, thanks for the direct link...:) Love that RSS, but do I really have to subscribe to a podcast just to see the video? :rolleyes:

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
impierced...you just beat me to it. I was trying to figure out which Eminem ad thread to post it in and finally came back and settled on this one to see that you'd posted. :D

p0intblank

macrumors 68030
Sep 20, 2005
New Jersey
This is definitely the best iPod ad Apple has done yet. They kept the traditional silouhette style, but managed to keep it fresh. I love it!

(And I'm not even a big Eminem fan)

xtbfx

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2003
I like the style it's going in, but the music choice needs to change.
Eminem needs to crawl in a hole and die.

richdun

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2005
Add the ALCS on Fox to the recent sightings. Still not sure why it was pulled from Apple's website (or at least why I can't find it any more), but it's definitely out in the wild.

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
katie ta achoo said:
Nope, IIRC the eminem ad got pulled.
Apple won't have anything to sell with that ad until November (if they arrange for a pre-release promo) or December (when Curtain Call is scheduled for release).

The Apple/Eminem dispute was amicably settled in May, and a bit of free promo was more than likely a part of that. Jobs' remarks before rolling the ad (at 30:45) support that: "We've got a great ad for the new iPod, but we've been known to do these silhouette ads too, and we've been working on one for the last two, two and a half years, that we always dreamed of doing. And finally we've been able to do it."

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
JeDiBoYTJ said:
i've been seeing that ad all over TV... so its not "pulled"... so who knows whats going on.
Oh, that's an easy one, disappearing the clip made a nice little buzz before the ad was ever broadcast. Not bad at all for an album that's only going to have 2 or 3 new tracks.

katie ta achoo

macrumors G3
May 2, 2005
iMeowbot said:
Oh, that's an easy one, disappearing the clip made a nice little buzz before the ad was ever broadcast. Not bad at all for an album that's only going to have 2 or 3 new tracks.

Ah, yes this makes sense, seeing as how I just saw it.

Pft.. Marketing, those silly loons!