Empty rooms in the West Wing.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by PracticalMac, Jun 6, 2017.

1. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

2. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

I think Ivanka should open a day care center in there.

3. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

I'll help her fill it up :D

4. Zenithal macrumors 68040

I was thinking about The Residence earlier yesterday. Must be awful for the SS and WH Police posted outside the President's bedroom to overhear anything unless the room is soundproof, which I doubt it is.

5. IronWaffle macrumors 6502

IronWaffle

I was thinking that considering how much rooms go for at Trump Inn down the block, they could make a killing on AirBNB. Imagine a romantic night in the Lincoln Bedroom, complete with the late night sounds of scowling, thumping, stomping and Tweeting. Could even get a stealth selfie when Covfefe falls asleep in the hallway.

6. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

7. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

8. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Where is the report to wife button? :eek:

Heh, probably it is soundproofed. Some pretty volatile characters have lived there up until the Obamas, who seemed a little more grown up, even if also informal and having fun in the White House in public and in glimpses of private times that were shared with us.

I wonder how many people are angling to make the definitive TV movie of Trump's presidency. I also wonder how many staffers are already writing out their whole piece of the screenplay. Reality TV is reality TV, and they all know they're in a dress rehearsal of the pilot right now. But there are mysteries we haven't been privy to yet even though Trump lets so much of his own part in this farce / tragedy hang right out there.

9. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I was wondering this very thing a few days ago. Wondering if the housekeepers, cooks, and maintenance staff hear him yelling at people? Same with hearing the staff yell too. It's got to be a pressure cooker in there.

10. Zenithal macrumors 68040

I read a report a week or two ago that came from WH aides who stated he yelled a lot. Three weeks ago some reporters from the press room could hear DJT yelling his brains out when the door swung open. Nothing too surprising.

11. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Filling most leadership positions isn't big government.

12. Zenithal macrumors 68040

When you have empty ambassadors offices around the globe, that's not small government. That's inefficient government.

13. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

He hasn't nominated a single chief financial officer.

14. Zenithal macrumors 68040

At this point, I'm sure there's a higher chance of Sooty making a comeback and doing lines of coke on television.

15. darksithpro macrumors regular

Oh, come on it would be fun working in TWH under Trump;):p

16. Zenithal macrumors 68040

Women of the night in Chinese opium dens during the Victorian era worked under better conditions.

17. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Donald doesn't have enough adult children to fill the west wing.

18. samcraig macrumors P6

If he keeps his current diet - the west wing will be plenty full....

19. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

But does she really want to babysit her husband all day.

20. rjohnstone macrumors 68040

rjohnstone

A lot of those positions have people selected to fill them.
    They are stuck in the confirmation process.
    Congress is to busy chasing Russians, they can't be bothered to confirm people waiting to fill those positions.

21. zin macrumors 6502

He has already said he doesn't intend to fill many of them.

However, many others are held up in Congress due to the obstructionist Dems.

22. samcraig macrumors P6

Can you confirm that any/all vetting and paperwork for all of them have been processed?

23. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Forget Jared, babysitting her Dad much the larger project...

24. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Oh ya Ivanka is the daughter. Get them confused, but to be fair so does Trump.

25. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Republican talking points. A lot of the nominees are stuck in the confirmation process now because their paperwork was done wrong or delayed. Office of Government Ethics has remarked on this.

And yes, some of it is delay by the Democrats. They had a previous administration's worth of experience on how that works when the Republicans do it. The GOP did it for so long, in fact, that now they don't even know how to govern since they abdicated all their options last six or eight years by saying NO, NO, NO. They slid into thinking that is how you govern. Just say no. That doesn't even work with reduction of teen pregnancy. Now Ryan can't get his caucuses on the same page about a budget. I can hardly wait for September,,,, and now the Treasury is saying it might be sooner they need the debt ceiling raised thanks to corporations deferring taxable transactions in expectations of a tax break Ryan can't even sell to his own party. Delay, delay... works on both sides the aisle.

Many are held up because who the hell wants to work for Trump or his chaotic administration?

Others are held up because Trump cannot find enough political loyalists, for instance in the scientific slots.

Others are held up because he's too distracted by trying rounding up some way to obstruct justice without getting nailed for it to sit down and look through the picture books his staff has probably prepared for him on agency slots and potential hires. Well let me revise that for a link: he's too distracted by the investigations.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 7, 2017 ---

Oy...