Enable AA in Any Carbon App!

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
very cool, and the site is nice too. Have you used any of their other shareware? Does it expire after a certain amount of time?

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Looks great!!! Finally IE looks more...well, "silky"...hehehe :D

It would be nice if the text in the address bar was AA as well...kind of an eyesore...

AmbitiousLemon

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 28, 2001
down in Fraggle Rock
Originally posted by dukestreet
very cool, and the site is nice too. Have you used any of their other shareware? Does it expire after a certain amount of time?
i bought fruitmenu recently. it doesnt expire. it is reminderware. but the reminder is very infrequent. i used shadow killer and windowshade to test them out but didnt think they were very good.

i buy very few shareware apps. most of the time i think the app feels to beta-ish to pay for or the asking price is too high, but unsanity does a good job so i picked up fruitmenu. but silk is free. its nice that a company knows which apps should be free and which to charge for.

AmbitiousLemon

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 28, 2001
down in Fraggle Rock
ok sorry for the double post, but i just got to say im totally digging AA in mozilla, sure we had it before with the mach-o builds but having mozilla 1.0 and aa is way cool.

mac15

macrumors 68040
Dec 29, 2001
and it freeware which is very good
somethimes it looks like the text is doubled on something in IE but hey its 1.0

britboy

macrumors 68030
Nov 4, 2001
Kent, UK
Hey, it really does make a huge difference! After installing it, i thought for a moment i'd launched omniweb by mistake :rolleyes:

Freeware... i love it!

chmorley

macrumors 6502a
Jan 2, 2002
Denver, CO
Wow.

Very impressive. No speed cost. Looks great. And it's FREE!

Wonder why Apple didn't do this themselves...

Chris

Update: After trying this for a little while, I am very pleased. I feel like I am finally getting one of the features I paid for in OS X in all applications. Things just look much slicker. I think I have noticed a slight speed difference in M$ Office apps, though. Hard to tell since they're so friggin' slow, anyway--I could just be imagining it. Since they don't need Silk, I will exclude them and see if it makes a difference.