End Early

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Paddle1, May 4, 2013.

1. Paddle1 macrumors 68030

How do you make your contract finish early? I don't have a phone on a contract but I wanted to know how long you have to keep an old phone.

2. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

You end a contract early by paying the ETF. Sometimes telcos will make various exceptions as well. The most common one is roaming Internet during the majority of your use. Essentially, if your contract costs the telco money, they may opt to just cancel your contract.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You pay the etf.

4. Paddle1 thread starter macrumors 68030

That isn't what I meant, sometimes they let you upgrade a few months early, how do you get them to let you do that?

5. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Depends on the carrier. Some carriers will just let you once you are 20 out of 24 months into the contract (four months early). I know Verizon just stopped allowing this, however AT&T still does it I believe. AT&T also allows a yearly early upgrade. Basically you pay the on contract price ofnthendecice plus $250. I've read varying things about this being discontinued, but I recently did it (well, last November).

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yep, like LR said its up to the carrier.
    I think AT&T lets you update around 20 months and Verizon just maxed it out to 24 making you wait the whole 2 year contract.