Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigfoley

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2020
Hi,

I am trying to give a present of a Mac Pro to someone that needs it to learn video editing during Covid. I bought the card to help them out and am giving them the machine as well.

I have a Mac Pro 3,1 running the latest El Capitan which I want to move to Mojave badly. I bought a Zotac GTX 680 4GB card and have tried and tried flashing it correctly.

I tried to follow this thread exactly: https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...ens-full-clock-rates-pci-e-2-0-5gt-s.1603260/

I have done the following:

Zotac GTX 680 4 GB (Bought Used)

Loaded Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
Installed NV Flash 5.134.0.1
Kepler Bios Tweaker 1.25
Nvidia Inspector
GTX680-4GB-ROM (from thread linked above)

Command Prompt As Admin, CD to director NV, Executed
nvflash -4 -5 -6 GTX680-4GB-ROM.rom

When I boot the mac and try to get back into El Capitan, I see the grey screen, then I see the distorted apple logo, then it stops loading half way through the sequence and I never get back into El Capitan. There were no errors on Flash that I can see or that were outputted to the screen. I tried installing the nvidia drivers before installing the newly flashed card hoping that would help. It did not. I removed all other video cards from the system, there is only 1 hard drive in the system, no other cards are installed other than a wifi bt module which is working fine.

I have the computer plugged in via the DVD-I slot into a Dell 3011 via a good dual link dvi cable.

Any ideas or thoughts, I am attaching the files here.

Thank you so much.

Link to all files used: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ukc6d4jjq5yp6ft/nv.zip?dl=0

Reactions: Kakirman

bigfoley

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2020
Anyone with this card, I would appreciate any input or files that helped you get this working.

Reactions: OkiRun
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.