End of the summer launches?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gadget123, Jun 12, 2012.

1. gadget123 macrumors 68000

How do people feel that there's no new Iphones in the summer now? Some said the 4S was just a one off but now it's proven not the case.

Good move by Apple to have a new window for it?

2. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

I think so. The OS has to be shown to devs ahead of time, and it makes the most sense to show it to them at WWDC. Also, an iPhone release closer to sets them up for 2 huge rushes (release and christmas) very close to each other, with the new device not being so close to a refresh by the time people get them on christmas morning (or any other winter holiday for that matter)

3. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

I am indifferent, really. I suppose I prefered the summer as standing in line is nicer in June/July (outside) than it is in October. Assuming that Apple has plenty of shippable preorders that can arrive to my door on launch date (or earlier!) as they did last year it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

4. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

I don't care about when the phone are released. I just wish that Apple was a little more forthcoming about dates. It would make it a lot easier to plan future purchases. I don't want to be sitting on an upgrade that may not come this year.

And why were all those "new" iphone parts being shown just before WWDC? Were they fake?

5. nostresshere macrumors 68030

There are many good reasons to hold off on dates. I do not like it, but it makes perfectly good business sense, and I can live with it.

As to the those new iphone parts - keep in mind there were plenty similar postings before the I4 and I4s came out. Just leaks and rumors. Some are true. Some are fake.

6. danetello macrumors 6502

Good move by apple, gives developers time to create apps

7. ChrisTX macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

We had a heat index of 107 yesterday in Houston and it's only June. I'd have to say that it really depends on where you live. However back on topic, I always liked the new version of iOS being shown at the iPad event, with a summer iPhone launch. But I guess that's just because that's what I'm used to. However it might make better business sense to release in the fall.

8. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

"prototype next gen iPhone"

What does this mean in ur sig?

9. Axne1 macrumors member

Axne1

I'm with the guy who wants time to plan for these great products. They are awesome. So why not let folks plan?

10. groupersandwich macrumors 6502

You must not live in the south! I'd gladly stand outside in October when the weather has a CHANCE of being mild (read: less than 90* and lower humidity) vs. June or July when the heat and humidity are brutally oppressive.:D

That said, I don't get the the whole standing in line thing for an electronic device. But if I did, I damn sure wouldn't want to do it in the Florida sun in the death of summer!

11. ChrisTX macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

I'm under NDA, and can't say. ;)
    HAHA j/k It's a joke really, wanted to see if it would catch anyones eye :p

12. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Originally from SoCal, but have been in the Midwest for school. Continuing that in New England. So no, not the south :p

The lines, IME, have always been fun. It is more of a social gathering than anything else (for me anyway). Meet new people that are into the same things you are, especially in big cities. I always had fun, starting back at the midnight release of Star Wars (ep. 1-3, sadly too young to have been there for the original trilogy).

----------

I believe you :)

The entire topic of the thread is subjective anyway. We are sharing when we prefer the new iPhone launch. Was just sharing my preference.

That said, I am referring to standing in line overnight. I am curious, is it THAT hot overnight there too? I am very used to CA summers where you can hit triple digits easy but as soon as the sun goes down you are back down to 70s or lower.

13. voodoopenguin macrumors newbie

I just moved from Tallahassee after 5 years! Standing in line doesn't really apply there, but yes Florida is hot and humid. It's really the humidity that gets you. Haha

GO NOLES!