End Stigma in Society..

Status
Not open for further replies.

techsavvy01

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 24, 2016
New Jersey USA
Every single day in life we all inspire each other :) I want to inspire people to love life :) I even inspire LGBT people to love their life :) Life balance is essential. Balance between Family, Friends, Social Life, Work, Fun etc. Every day in Life I get livid dealing with so much stigma in this society. When I listen to the song conflict by disturbed. It gets me pumped up & in a serious mood.

Every day in Life we have to remember the positive aspects in Life. As well as have hope in life to keep living Life. We must remember the positive aspects in life or else we will feel miserable & depressed.

I want to end stigma in society of Autism, Mental Health etc..

I lack charisma in my life, the charisma myth by Olivia Fox Cabane audiobook will help improve my charisma
I have come to the realization that you can't always enjoy life but you can still love life. Oh and to the trolls & haters out there on the internet making negative receptions, You are my ENEMY! like in the song conflict by disturbed. Conflict is my current favorite song by the way I get so livid that some people could careless about changing the world for the better. The ideal better Life is not living in misery & Loving Life

Reactions: decafjava

citizenzen

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2010
While I sympathize with the OP, I do question the mixed tone of their post.

How does one begin by talking about inspiration, positivity, love and balance, only to veer into anger, conflict and calling out one’s enemies? If you really aspire to the themes of the first half of the post, then you shouldn’t find yourself embracing the emotions in the last paragraph.

Huntn

macrumors demi-god
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Every single day in life we all inspire each other :) I want to inspire people to love life :) I even inspire LGBT people to love their life :) Life balance is essential. Balance between Family, Friends, Social Life, Work, Fun etc. Every day in Life I get livid dealing with so much stigma in this society. When I listen to the song conflict by disturbed. It gets me pumped up & in a serious mood.

Every day in Life we have to remember the positive aspects in Life. As well as have hope in life to keep living Life. We must remember the positive aspects in life or else we will feel miserable & depressed.

I want to end stigma in society of Autism, Mental Health etc..

I lack charisma in my life, the charisma myth by Olivia Fox Cabane audiobook will help improve my charisma
I have come to the realization that you can't always enjoy life but you can still love life. Oh and to the trolls & haters out there on the internet making negative receptions, You are my ENEMY! like in the song conflict by disturbed. Conflict is my current favorite song by the way I get so livid that some people could careless about changing the world for the better. The ideal better Life is not living in misery & Loving Life
When the topic is stigma, what the discussion is really about is the definition of normal and the acceptable bounds as defined by society. A significant psychological aspect, but as we advance (my characterization) those boundaries widen and become more inclusive. And there are two topics here, the existence of stigma, and how to deal the challenges we face based on where we fall on todays normal scale.

This is why I talk about my mental illness. I know there are people who will roll their eyes, think certain ways of me, ignore me, etc. However, in order to overcome the stigma, I'll keep talking about it. We're all just humans!

Everyone wants to be accepted for who they are.
It’s interesting the advances and medical understanding for the basis of human behavior that does not fall within the historical spectrum of normal. Also the perception of choice, which I maintain we have very little choice living our lives. I forget, only if you want to answer, are you bipolar? If so, that seems to be a very common ailement.

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
This is why I talk about my mental illness. I know there are people who will roll their eyes, think certain ways of me, ignore me, etc. However, in order to overcome the stigma, I'll keep talking about it. We're all just humans!

Everyone wants to be accepted for who they are.
I would settle for the cops & immigration not chasing me :p

Septembersrain

Contributor
Dec 14, 2013
Texas
When the topic is stigma, what the discussion is really about is the definition of normal and the acceptable bounds as defined by society. A significant psychological aspect, but as we advance (my characterization) those boundaries widen and become more inclusive. And there are two topics here, the existence of stigma, and how to deal the challenges we face based on where we fall on todays normal scale.

It’s interesting the advances and medical understanding for the basis of human behavior that does not fall within the historical spectrum of normal. Also the perception of choice, which I maintain we have very little choice living our lives. I forget, only if you want to answer, are you bipolar? If so, that seems to be a very common ailement.
I actually have a few, they are likely just fueled by each other. I have dissociative identity disorder with occasional amnesia (I completely forget traumatic events at times), I've got a secondary full personality that takes over when I'm in a dangerous situation or unable to cope with something. I was told this developed due to my childhood. I spare you the details, they aren't appropriate for this forum. Then I've got anxiety. It's pretty ugly and doesn't let me sleep. I can stay up for days without my sleep medication.

Then add my heart condition on top of this all with fibromyalgia as well. I should be pretty miserable but I try not to be. My life might end up short so I better enjoy as much as I can. I'm not always positive for me but I do my best to cheer on others.

Huntn

macrumors demi-god
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I actually have a few, they are likely just fueled by each other. I have dissociative identity disorder with occasional amnesia (I completely forget traumatic events at times), I've got a secondary full personality that takes over when I'm in a dangerous situation or unable to cope with something. I was told this developed due to my childhood. I spare you the details, they aren't appropriate for this forum. Then I've got anxiety. It's pretty ugly and doesn't let me sleep. I can stay up for days without my sleep medication.

Then add my heart condition on top of this all with fibromyalgia as well. I should be pretty miserable but I try not to be. My life might end up short so I better enjoy as much as I can. I'm not always positive for me but I do my best to cheer on others.
While I believe we all face some kind of adversity in our lives, mine has been meager, so I am sympathetic about your health challenges. I fully understand if you don’t want to talk about it further, but if you don’t mind, do you know the other personality or does it exist seperate from you? Feel free to start a conversation if you want to answer, but don’t want to discuss it publicly, or ignore the question, no problem. :)

I fully agree make the best of the time you have, which for most of us is an unknown. Even in the best of health, fate can deal an unexpected unwanted surprise.

Reactions: techsavvy01

techsavvy01

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 24, 2016
New Jersey USA
Every day positive people love life
In order for people to not live in Misery., Every day in Life we have to remember the positive aspects in Life
Every Day I want to let the world know that I am a positive person :) It is true there are more positive people in the world. Every day I want to bring inspiration into peoples lives
When will the stigma in society end? Some people just dont care about change for better in Life & that ticks me off! Every day I listen to the song Conflict by Disturbed.

Certain things in life I consider my enemy. I consider depression my enemy. Depression makes people feel miserable in their Life. I even consider Autism my enemy. I hate my Autism but embrace it at the same time.

I strongly believe that the afterlife will be a much better place than the life we are living now. I want to die in my 90's & live a long life. I also want to live a healthy lifestyle

Last time I checked, nobody is perfect. We are all human beings. I am no where near perfect. People & myself included will never ever be perfect in Life.

Phonephreak

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2017
Here and there
While I sympathize with the OP, I do question the mixed tone of their post.

How does one begin by talking about inspiration, positivity, love and balance, only to veer into anger, conflict and calling out one’s enemies? If you really aspire to the themes of the first half of the post, then you shouldn’t find yourself embracing the emotions in the last paragraph.
Holy crap I actually agree with you. Guess there’s a first time for everything

Reactions: Ulenspiegel

techsavvy01

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 24, 2016
New Jersey USA
I am proud to be a 22 year old Virgin in Life Lust is my Enemy. Someone told me that the fact that I am a millennial. I'm actually being a positive influence in the world as a millennial in this new Generation. I am a Courageous Autistic Person :)

School system needs huge improvement. For one, schools need to teach kids & teenagers life skills, skills you can apply in real life. Teach kids & teenagers how to cope with Life's Issues.

In Life I have a Hard Work Life Mindset. We all work hard in Life. I thank people all over the world who make a huge contribution in the world such as Firefighters :)

Septembersrain

Contributor
Dec 14, 2013
Texas
I am proud to be a 22 year old Virgin in Life Lust is my Enemy. Someone told me that the fact that I am a millennial. I'm actually being a positive influence in the world as a millennial in this new Generation. I am a Courageous Autistic Person :)

School system needs huge improvement. For one, schools need to teach kids & teenagers life skills, skills you can apply in real life. Teach kids & teenagers how to cope with Life's Issues.

In Life I have a Hard Work Life Mindset. We all work hard in Life. I thank people all over the world who make a huge contribution in the world such as Firefighters :)
Absolutely! Imagine if they taught us about taxes? How to plan financially? How to get a loan, how to apply for a job, what to expect from college, what cost it is to raise children? That's needed for sure.

The world is a hard place for learning everything at once. Having a mental illness and having no one teach me about the world, I really wouldn't want anyone else to go through that. No way!

However, I did learn that no matter how bad it is... I can't forget that there are many others out there like me. Many who suffered, more who are just looking for a sliver of hope.

You're awesome just the way you are. I don't care who you vote for, what God you worship, or anything like that. I just see that you, like myself, are grateful for first responders.

jeyf

macrumors 65816
Jan 20, 2009
let me be the first self appointed to put label(s) on everyone

(not)

techsavvy01

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 24, 2016
New Jersey USA
I was so stressed today. I shouted This Is Life as We Know It!!

My mission in Life is to bring inspiration into people's lives :) I am so glad if I inspired a person's Life :) I wish people the very best in their Life :)

I can't stress enough the importance of Education in Life

I accomplished one of my Life Goals getting tattoos
I got H.O.P.E tattoo to honor the people who took their own Lives such as Chester Bennington and Robin Williams.

TheAppleFairy

macrumors 68030
Mar 28, 2013
The Clinton Archipelago unfortunately

I accomplished one of my Life Goals getting tattoos
I got H.O.P.E tattoo to honor the people who took their own Lives such as Chester Bennington and Robin Williams.

I don't have any tattoos myself, but I don't have an issue with anyone getting them. It's a personal choice. I just found it interesting that the a "Life Goal" was getting tattoos, don't set life goals too high.

TheAppleFairy

macrumors 68030
Mar 28, 2013
The Clinton Archipelago unfortunately
I'm a strange girl. I've never had any tattoos or piercings. Not even my ears. I just never wanted them.

It doesn't help me any that I'm into cars and electronics.
They are too permanent for me, and kind of a waste of money in my opinion. Some people love them, I don't have a problem with it if you can afford it.

If the OP is genuine and they mean something to him, then good for him. As for getting them being a life goal, I do wonder if he meant something else.

Reactions: Septembersrain

Phonephreak

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2017
Here and there
They are too permanent for me, and kind of a waste of money in my opinion. Some people love them, I don't have a problem with it if you can afford it.

If the OP is genuine and they mean something to him, then good for him. As for getting them being a life goal, I do wonder if he meant something else.
I have many tattoos. I love em and want more. Of course mine are much darker in theme. Gotta love skulls and demons. :D

I have the feeling the poster is trying to feel better about himself and needs to tell the world how great he is. :rolleyes:

Reactions: TheAppleFairy

Status
Not open for further replies.