Endangered tiger receives threatening phone call

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by aaronvan, Apr 21, 2016.

1. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Someone is threatening the Malayan tiger that recently killed a zookeeper. The zoo is also being criticized for not euthanizing the tiger--a very rare species.

The tiger has tasted human flesh which makes it very dangerous. However, there are only several hundred of these rare beasts on the planet. Not an easy decision. Hopefully the big cat is at least getting some therapy for that terrifying phone call.

2. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Humans be like:
    1. Drive a majestic wild animal close to extinction.

2. Lock up the few remaining survivors in captivity for the sake of "preservation".

3. Kill them anyway when they act like wild animals in captivity.

Man, we truly are a cancer to this planet.

3. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

Let him go into the cage and fight the tiger.

4. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Maybe zoos can do a better job at keeping barriers between animals and tasty humans, to minimize the risk... don't we place value on this sort of thing or is it "too expensive" in our new "gig economy"?

Humans are not a cancer, for which that becomes a discussion in of itself. The point is, having observed, I don't see the people who keep making those claims making an example by "curing themselves" and they have no right to "cure others" whatsoever, so obviously there's some form of error, double standard, or hypocrisy going on that nullifies the claim.

And, honestly, what's up with the internet and the rise of devolved use of the English language such as "___ be like"? Is it meant to be funny? I thought the 1980s with valley speak were bad enough: "Like gag me with a thpoon" and all...

5. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

I literally can't even...

6. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Let's not forget one that I see frequently...

"prolly"

Perhaps those who write "prolly" have some deep seated fear of taking responsibility for their own education.

Or could it be that using "probably" causes that fear and anxiety to send them into seizures?