Engadget gets pics of the PSP Phone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jaw04005, Oct 26, 2010.

1. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

Attached Files:

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Its not at all ugly. It's got a gaming pad, which is unattractive but only when "showing".

3. DeathChill macrumors 68000

4. Tito Georgie macrumors 6502

Tito Georgie

Flip the image over. Looks like an ugly robot.

#Ew.

5. Motionblurrr macrumors 6502

It just got real.

This has HUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGE potential, seriously.:eek:

6. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

I don't care for it, but remember that this is just a prototype not the final product.:rolleyes:

7. Thedeathbear macrumors 6502a

I like playing little stupid games on my phone. Games that are almost like console games don't appeal to me on a phone, but I guess for others it will. This thing will have a pathetic battery life, or it will be the size of a brick.

8. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

That is FUGLY. Will it play real PSP games or Android ones?

9. SolRayz macrumors 6502a

SolRayz

Sony exec's should fire the whole design team...:eek:

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

11. pablo7 macrumors 6502

^Fanboys don't get your panties wadded. It looks decent.

12. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

So its a PSP Go that can make calls. How innovative.

Yes I know its a prototype but come on.

13. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

Maybe there's a market for it, but I think it's pretty ugly.

14. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Guys, they clearly say its a prototype. Not finished looks.

15. Tarzanman macrumors 65816

There is DEFINITELY a market for it.

Instead of parents buying their 11 year old a $50 cell phone (which the kids inevitably lose or break), they can buy them this Playstation phone, load them up with pre-paid SIMs and send them on their way.

I guarantee that little boys everywhere will lust after a Playstation phone instead of an iphone.

Yes.... **** just got real. Android is on the warpath.

I wonder how long before my toilet will be running Android!

16. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

You think kids won't easily break this or lose it too? AND you think a Playstation phone running Android will be a pay as you go phone? LOL

17. iBaloney macrumors 6502

iBaloney

18. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-gb; MB300 Build/Blur_Version.2.0.26.MB200.T-Mobile.en.US Flex/P021) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Whoo, finally! Sorta looks like an X10 with the Vivaz's button layout. And the PSP Go's slide out 'board. I quite like it.

*queue Apple fanboys who will say that the iPhone's touchscreen is better than actual buttons*

19. Savor Suspended

Savor

The pic looks cropped or just some bad Photoshop job, but who cares what it looks like?! Gaming isn't about what the deivce looks like. Heck, the Nintendo DS/3DS isn't all that great-looking either. Gaming is all about playing games!

Finally! Potential console-style (big boy) games on my God damn phone! It is like the N-Gage done right with a company who was once the king of video game sales before. This is big news. A gamechanger.

Time to save up my money for this. I will always love Nintendo because I grew up on them, but I may have to pass on their 3DS next year on release day. Overpriced for underpowered hardware. 3D just seems gimmicky and you need to focus on the screen alot without moving or you lose the effect. My iPhone 4 can fulfill the casual games for me. Sorry, Nintendo. Maybe when the price drops, I will consider it. I'd rather have a gaming handheld that can make calls too. Nintendo is starting to get arrogant like Sony four years ago with their recent success with the Wii that they now expect people to buy handhelds for $250-$300. With this PSP phone, I don't always have to deal with censorship from Apple and their more kid-friendly environment than Nintendo's.

My first Android will be a PSP phone. This is the announcement I've been waiting for. Living in a paradise where I can live in BOTH the Android/iOS world, and where Sony can provide me hardcore gaming and the App Store can provide me the casual stuff. It all balances out. Each one has each other's back. It is not a war to me, but all teamwork where it can fulfill all my wants and needs. Variety is the spice of life.

20. Tarzanman macrumors 65816

Kids will take far better care of a PSP than some $50 cell phone.

I doubt it will break easily.

The original PSP was pretty sturdy. Mine is almost 10 years old and still working properly.

Parents just buy the PSP-phone (stand-alone) as a gaming system and then buy SIMs for it later. I doubt a phone like this would be sold on contract. No one I know is going to pay an extra $30 a month for a data plan on a gaming device for their kid.

Google market works just fine over wi-fi

21. Jumpman2033 macrumors regular

I for one won't be buying it because i don't play games THAT much, but i'm sure if it functions as intended it will sell big time. The worst part about games on the iphone is the virtual game pad. Anyone with big hands (long or fat) i'm sure struggle to use the virtual along with those who don't have great hand/eye coordination.

I think the kicker will be battery life. That could certainly make or break this device.

22. PhazonUK macrumors 6502

This is just a bad idea...
    If my PSP/DS were to run out of battery, no big deal. But I kind of need my phone...

23. youngplaya0228 macrumors regular

24. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Knowing Sony, this thing won't play any PSP/PSPGo games so you'll have to buy the same games again through some crappy market app. Although not too bad looking considering some earlier attempts of making a handheld gaming phone. Anyone remember this thing?

Attached Files:

25. iBaloney macrumors 6502

iBaloney

oh man i remember i wanted one of those.