Enjoy your chicken white boy

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Mac'nCheese, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Bo Bice, who was a contestant on American idol, took to Facebook to demand an apology from the corporate HQ of Popeyes cause a black worker called him a white boy. Needless to say, this didn't sit well with some.

"For a guy who doesn't like being called white, Bo Bice is sure cashing in his whiteness at every chance he gets. The only racial double standard here is that he got a TV interview for this, cried, and said "America, you should be ashamed," because he was called "white boy." And to top it off with some more white boy-isms, he took to Facebook again, claiming that they deleted his original post and are trying to silence he and others that are "tired of the racist double standards that have infested our society." If you're going to complain about Popeyes, it better be a real Popeyes issue, Bo! Did they not have spicy ready when you ordered? Did they run out of strawberry jelly? Did they give you two drumsticks when you asked for three wings? No. Have a seat."

https://noisey.vice.com/en_us/artic...fter-being-called-white-at-an-airport-popeyes

2. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

Nice racist article you posted there from some loser on the interwebs. Let's hope this nonsense stops soon. I'm sure if he called some one a "black boy" people would just shake it off right?

3. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

When people downplay this type of thing I always ask "What if the roles were reversed?" If you have a different reaction, the problem lies with you. I don't believe in that whole "Only white people can be racist and bigoted" attitude many people carry.

4. sim667 macrumors 65816

To be fair, I really don't think the right wing demographic of MR PRSI is really who vice is targeted at.

Although I would recommend their "Hate Thy Neighbour" Series on Viceland, its really very good.

5. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Fake News....
    Where are these claims about the "victim" when it's a waiter being left a stupid remark on a receipt or a guy buying a cake with hateful words? Or better yet where are the retractions when it turns out the waiter wrote the message themselves and the guy that bought the cake, wrote the message and tried to cash out on 15 minutes?
    --- Post Merged, Jan 5, 2017 ---
    Vice used to be good, they still might be I just sorta quit watching when they went from semi-unbiased to obviously biased. I will say they have same brave personalities, who don't seem to mind going into war zones with Non-US/Western forces.

6. sim667 macrumors 65816

Ironically they're actually owned by rupert murdoch now.

Their online and magazine stuff is really good for young adult alternative culture and really buys into consensus of that demographic very well, but there's a real strong sense of sarcasm in it, which I think Americans tend to read very literally and don't really understand the undertones behind it (you have to admit, Americans do struggle with sarcasm).

Their TV channel though I really like. The Big Night Out shows are great (I'm a raver so I will think they're great), Hate Thy Neighbour is excellent (the presenter, a young black british comedian is great), and the show where they embedded with ISIS was really quite telling...... God knows how they achieved that and weren't beheaded.

7. Mac'nCheese thread starter macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

No they wouldn't have. That was the point of picking that article.