Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zion Grail

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 24, 2002
Chicagoland
For some reason, Entourage started putting ALL my incoming mail in my "Progress Report" folder for my daily emails from a newsletter. I had set a rule up so it'd do that ONLY for emails from that newsletter. I don't know why it did it.

So I deleted the rule and the folder. Now I can only read my incoming mail by clicking on the "Unread Mail" folder, but that doesn't even list how many unread messages are there AND it include all unread spam.

Worse, it seems to be ignoring my other rules that I've set up.

Anyone else having this problem or know how to fix it?

Horrortaxi

macrumors 68020
Jul 6, 2003
Los Angeles
This probably isn't the answer you're looking for, but that's the kind of (mis) behavior I've come to expect from any Microsoft product. I have 2 solutions: 1.) Use mail.app or Mozilla Thunderbird for your email. 2.) Trash your Entourage preferences and start over. #2 applies only if you can't get it to work by double checking your settings and making sure you didn't accidently change something. Maybe turn your filters off and on--sometimes that can remind an app what it's supposed to do.

Personally I'd go with #1, but that's just me.

Zion Grail

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 24, 2002
Chicagoland
Well, I've been using Mail.app, and it's really good, but if Entourage would work right I'd like it a lot better than using 3 seperate apps for my Address Book, Mail, and Calendar funcations. The one thing Mail really has over Entourage is the spam filter, but third parties fix that.

With the exception of this recent, unexplained wonkiness, Entourage has been a very good app for me thus far.

I'll try trashing the preferences. See what that does.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.