EPIC AppleCare service

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jethryn Freyman, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Jethryn Freyman macrumors 68020

Jethryn Freyman

Tuesday: call up AppleCare Australia (133-MAC) about the dust under the lens covering of my iPhone 5. The internets tells me it's a known issue. It appeared as a purple gash across photos I take/on the screen of the phone in camera apps, same place every time. Didn't see anything on the lens itself under a magnifying glass. When I thought about it more, I realised that the small dark smudge always in another place could also be a piece of dust. That has been there for months, and the internets agreed with me on that also being a piece of dust.

Yesterday, ANZAC day, was a public holiday, but Apple's online tracking showed that my order was ready to be dispatched. It was sent out today [Friday] and arrived before midday. I posted back my old iPhone half an hour later, after resetting and wiping it and restoring stuff to my new phone from iCloud, and all if fine and dandy.

Brilliant service from Apple :) Just thought I'd share my story.:apple::apple::apple:

2. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

One of the reasons why people really like Apple, having someone to talk to, somewhere to bring your phone and just generally good service. Where do you bring an Android phone?

3. coolio93 macrumors 6502

Had to replace my S2 once and it was a NIGHTMARE. You basically have to send the phone to samsung at your own expense and wait for the phone to come back about 2 weeks later. You are stuck without a phone for TWO weeks. One of the reasons that I went all apple was because of the fact that they stand behind their products and if there is a problem, they will exchange it at the genius bar no questions asked.

4. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

I recently had apple agree to replace my phone because of cosmetic damage (not caused by me) completely for free.

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I have always received outstanding service from Apple. They are one of the best in the business.

6. BoostDeuce macrumors member

Haven't replaced my iphone yet even though i need to, but with my HTC phones i've always gotten a phone the next day, as well as recently when my wife cracked her Galaxy S3. Requested a new phone, not refurbished. Came the next day.

I don't think good service is limited to apple