Epson perfection 2480 perfection photo scanner drivers for OSX Lion drivers needed

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by fjs08, Jul 24, 2011.

1. fjs08 macrumors 65816

Can't seem to locate OSX Lion drivers for my:

Epson perfection 2480 perfection photo scanner

Thx.

Frank

2. moongravy macrumors member

moongravy

Mine works without any third party drivers. Open up 'Image Capture' and scan. The buttons on top of the scanner don't work properly though. Anyone know if these can be configured somehow?

3. fjs08 thread starter macrumors 65816

I get this when I try to open it up,

"You can't open the application Epson Scan because Poweer PC applications are not longer supported."

There is a huge circle w line through it over the icon in the dock.

Thx.

Frank

4. moongravy, Jul 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2011

moongravy macrumors member

moongravy

You'll no longer be able to use Epson Scan as it's a PPC application.

OS X comes with an application called Image Capture that you can use to scan documents. This application should open automatically when you press the main scan button on the scanner (the one with the green LED).

You can change what application this button will open in the Print & Scan system preference. There doesn't look to be any provision for the other buttons though.

5. LloydStamps macrumors newbie

Mine is a 1660. Epson's support site says to run highlight the scanner in Settings/Printers & Fax, then run Software Update and download the result.

So far, the result is "Your software is up to date."

Nice runaround. Why not just give a straight answer? "We're working on it" or "We're writing off our Macintosh-using customers."

6. Ekhiel macrumors newbie

Hi, I was not able to use the epson scan software after upgrade to Lion from SL.
    Just redownloaded and reinstalled the 2009 intel version of the scan software from the Epson support's site, and everything is fine now.