Erase all content and settings > Welcome screen > Hola? Hola?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JohnnyIOS, Oct 10, 2013.

1. JohnnyIOS macrumors member

Did a factory reset on my iPhone 5S and as soon as the Apple logo disappears I am greeted on the "welcome screen" with Hola first instead of Welcome. Am I missing something here? :confused:

On my iPhone 5 after a reset I used to get Welcome first and Hola second now I'm just getting Hola :rolleyes: wtff

This is madness and it's not Sparta... why am I being greeted in a foreign first instead of English?

2. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Does it revert to English once you're in? That's what mine did and I just didn't worry about it.

3. scotrinaf macrumors 6502

If you wait a little while, it actually will scroll through several languages... I think they do that just to show that the iPhone can use any language you want...

4. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

This is exactly what I just assumed it was doing, so I paid it no mind and just started setting up my phone…

I could, however, see it being a problem if it stayed in some odd foreign language that you don't know. LOL

5. johnparjr macrumors 6502a

johnparjr

It said welcome first it just was very quick due to the boot up

6. Merkie macrumors 68020

It switches languages. Before you do anything with the iPhone it has no idea which language you are going to use it in, so it just scrolls through several languages.

7. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

It's apple being inclusive and multicultural. It's politically agreeable to do so these days.

8. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

I remember it scrolling through a number of languages, I think just before I clicked away it was saying Bienvenidos or similar.

9. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Omg it said Hola first! Why is that such a problem? It scrolls through different languages.

10. SipperyPete macrumors regular

Maybe it goes through the different languages in alphabetical order...

:rolleyes:

11. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

It's because it was designed in Cupertino and Spanish is the official languange of California.
    :p

12. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

"Hola!" was the first message I saw, too; but it scrolls through several languages, and I don't see any particular reason why a phone sold world-wide should start with English by default. If your fragile sense of cultural superiority is threatened, you can take comfort in the fact that English is still listed first in the list of languages and is selected by default.

13. Xerotech macrumors 6502

I saw Hola! when I first reset my phone too. You'd think English would be first and than rotate through the rest. :confused:

14. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

As far as I know they all do it...My new 5S displayed "Hola" first, as did my Fiancee's new 5C...As posted, if you wait, it will scroll through the languages, but I just hit next.

15. pikachu2k7 macrumors regular

Gotta admit, your title for the thread was funny.

16. deeddawg macrumors 604

Why?

17. scotrinaf macrumors 6502

Why not? ;) I agree, they service many countries, so why make software loads specifically for any one country...IMO it's better advertisement for Apple when they show how many languages they service.

18. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

I picked up a new replacement 4S and after upgrading to iOS 7 I can confirm that "Hello" is still the first greeting displayed, followed by "Hola." There must be some issue with the timing of the boot screen, etc., because it appeared for only about .5 second, and I am certain that it did not appear at all on my previous replacement 4S. But it's there...the Setup Assistant is just appearing too slowly for it to be seen on some phones.

19. Mr. Buzzcut macrumors 65816

Mr. Buzzcut

Sometimes I'm embarrassed for my fellow countrymen. Really, we are a force in the world but not the center of it.

I saw the hola and thought it was interesting but wasn't the least bit offended by it. The menu was English so there was no delay or confusion in getting the phone setup. So, what's the problem exactly?

20. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

21. g4manimac macrumors 6502

Honestly I recognize hola the same as hello,I don't even speak Spanish but that's one of a handfull I will never forget.All in all pretty wasteful thread like someone is entitled to be greeted in their language by a phone sold by the millions worldwide it's called being user friendly and easy to set up regardless of who u are and where your from.

22. redlinux macrumors regular

redlinux

23. KdParker macrumors 601

KdParker

This is a joke thread.. Right?