Eric Clapton: Shooting guns has taught me to get on with my fellow human beings."

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by glocke12, Dec 23, 2008.

1. glocke12 macrumors 6502a

glocke12

Wow..this is great. Never figured Clapton to be a gun nut....

"Eric Clapton is selling 13 of his shotguns at auction for an estimated $900,000.

The 63-year-old took up shooting five years ago and has collected shotguns by some of the great British gun makers. He says, "I like a gun to look like a working tool but it's a magnificent piece of art as well."

Clapton says he is selling the guns to make space for more. The sale will take place in London on December 11th."

"Rocker ERIC CLAPTON is a fan of shooting trips in the countryside - because the outings help him bond with like-minded people.
    The star is the co-owner of London shop Cordings, a supplier of hunting and fishing supplies, and admits he often indulges in trips to bag game.
    And Clapton is adamant he has learnt a lot from his favourite pastime.
    He says, "I'm not really that gregarious. And shooting with groups of people up and down the country has taught me a lot about how to get on with my fellow human beings."
    The musician recently cleared out his gun cabinet, selling 13 pieces off at auction in Britain.
    Clapton insists he had to get rid of the weapons, because he became hooked on collecting them.
    He adds, "It is following the same pattern as when I collected guitars - I get obsessed, then engulfed and finally narrow the collection down."

2. Desertrat macrumors newbie

Shooters do tend to be a gregarious lot. And, in the main, quite courteous and polite. I gotta comment about honesty, too, since in twenty-five or so years of having gunshow tables, I never got a bad check.

But I can sure see Clapton's point. In any of the various interests within the gun world, there are many fiiner points, details, for discussion. No different, really, from coins or cars, though. :) What may seem to be esoteric trivia to an outsider often can be the subject of lengthy discussion.

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

This is good news, I guess. Would be a shame if Ted Nugent were the best rocker to be a gun nut.

4. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

"I shot the sheriff, but I did not shoot the deputy..."

(you knew it was coming)