Eric Garner’s daughter supports Bernie Sanders in dramatic ad

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Feb 12, 2016.

1. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/eric-garners-daughter-supports-bernie-sanders-in-191749449.html

Bernie has a pretty consistent history of sticking up for the AA's . hope some are able to see that and earn their vote.

2. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

3. jkcerda thread starter Suspended

jkcerda

4. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Yes, I know Bernie has a consistent track record in what he speaks. My post wasn't against that.

I'm just not fully on the Bernie train cause he seems like he's throwing around to many fantasy promises. And I'm disappointed that blacks are just eating it up without questioning how he's going to manage all that he speaks of.

5. jkcerda thread starter Suspended

jkcerda

with Clinton all you get are promises, she's bound to forget everything if she gets elected, Bernie? that man does try what he says he will do.

6. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

I disagree. Clinton has been very passionate about Health Care, Wages, Education and etc, since I can remember. And I been into politics before cable news, internet, and social media. Let's not act as if Bernie is the only one with consistency.

7. shinji macrumors 65816

shinji

[​IMG]

8. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

9. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Good, that proves she's able to change her position if it seems fit. Notice the majority of changed positions are many years apart.

Meanwhile, Bernie refuses to admit voting "no" for the bailouts was proven to be the wrong decision.

10. thermodynamic, Feb 12, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2016

thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

How will he pay?

https://berniesanders.com/issues/how-bernie-pays-for-his-proposals/

Reducing or eliminating corporate welfare and tax loopholes.

Is that a fantasy solution, in the details his own site presents? I don't know... but it certainly looks like there's a plan to pay for it in there somewhere.

The question is, do you believe what is said directly from his own not-yet-hacked-as-far-as-we-know site?

Or is the question, can he convince congress to get these or compromises through?

But I see no freebies there...

11. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Half of what's proposed will not be an easy task. It really sound nice on paper though. He still hasn't spoke on how he plans on getting things passed. I can almost guarantee 75% of his proposals will be highly compromised in order to get through. Especially when dealing with taxing the oil companies.

12. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Being consistent is good. So is getting new information and analyzing one's stances. Noting the years between issues, most have rational explanations.

If anything, in 2008, she invoked a speech about Democrats should not fight against one another and to put in a health care system a la Truman. In 2015, didn't she recently say it's not feasible? Why wouldn't it be? Especially if Sanders wants to end corporate welfare going to very successful companies, that frees up a fair amount of money off the bat. Then again, when is "corporate welfare" good or bad, regarding successful companies receiving it? Or should it given at all to companies?

13. shinji macrumors 65816

shinji

Is it really that she revisited her deeply held personal beliefs, or is that political expediency changes them for her? Bernie is a more consistent candidate, and let's also not forget the difference in donors between the two candidates.

Hillary has accepted millions from pharmaceutical and health insurance companies throughout her career http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2015/10/14/hillary-takes-millions-in-campaign-cash-from-enemies Something to think about.

14. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

HRC is the least consistent politician of the last 30 years.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 12, 2016 ---
    In Hillaryland, new information = new poll numbers.

15. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Taxing the oil companies might be a little more popular than it used to be. Despite all corporate and political efforts to quash climate change awareness, people are getting more tuned in to the need to get to solar and get the grid to take solar where it needs to go.

Bernie needs to educate his supporters not to quit after he's elected. They need to pick up the phone to their congressman and say "Hey we elected a president and we would have elected a congressman to support him if this district hadn't been gerrymandered to keep you in it. So how about supporting Bernie so we don't have to replace you next term IN SPITE OF GERRYMANDERING."

And then just read off the numbers of the bills in question and how you expect him to vote. After all if you're a constituent, your congressman represents you and needs to hear your opinion. If 80% of the district wants hiim to tax oil companies, something different is going to happen. And call the local press just to make sure....

If everyone had actually done that starting 25 years ago, this country could have quit pumping oil before we invaded Iraq in 2003. But hey, it's never too late until the point of no return on frying the planet has been crossed. We may not quite be there yet, according to climate change scientists. But it's gonna be close.