Eric Trump calls the left "not even people"

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Jun 7, 2017.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

2. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

This left out the context that he was just talking about people who said his unborn child should be force aborted ...... Carry on though

3. R.Perez macrumors 6502

R.Perez

Actually, he includes everyone on the left that has been critical of his father. But nice try. Also, his point about Democrats imploding is completely delusional to the political reality. As it stands, the Democratic party is +7 on the generic ballot. If that holds, they are likely to retake the House.

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Ouch, he seems like a thoroughly detestable (watch this bit coming up…) person.

5. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Detestable and delusional and downright nasty.

Black cat, black kitten........

6. citizenzen macrumors 65816

You left out deplorable.

7. TheHateMachine macrumors 6502a

TheHateMachine

Don't forget SAD in all caps.

8. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

I absolutely agree with this statement. But I'm surprised to see him publicly criticize his father like this. :eek:

9. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

10. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

if some say your unborn child should be aborted you might have strong words for them . believe it or not it's a lot more than just a bunch of cells to others.

can ANY of you admit that telling the man his unborn son should be aborted was done by a POS moron? or do you agree with such sentiment?

11. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

That's okay, I call the Trump family a family of vampires, so I am okay with his criticism. :D

12. BoneDaddy Suspended

BoneDaddy

That's ok to them. They want to ban animal abortions but keep human abortions. I'm sure they have their "reasons".
    --- Post Merged, Jun 7, 2017 ---
    Haha this question is begging for double speak and deflection. I'm guessing it's rhetorical, as I am sure you know that people on this forum are incapable of the obvious and simple answer, because they put their bias and pride first.

13. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Yes, an oversight, and a regrettable one.

Still, circumstances have ensured that some specific words have acquired an unfortunate layer of added meaning, so, perhaps, they do not always need to be used.

14. BoneDaddy Suspended

BoneDaddy

Wow, you are always so reasonable and rational! I wish I thunk like you, like totally.

15. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Oh great - more gridlock and NOTHING getting done in Congress. As usual.

16. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Exactly. Start by dehumanising those you consider your opponents and it becomes very easy to justify stripping them of rights and denying them whatever liberties they are entitled to under law.

17. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

worked for the last guy

18. b0fh666 macrumors 6502a

b0fh666

hey, the left started it. now deal with the consequences.

19. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Eric has the highest regard for the life of animals.

20. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Just be patient...that's only the first step. The gridlock will all go away in 2020 when Trump is replaced and the Senate flips to Dems too. :p

21. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

They went after his unborn kid and said the world would be better if he would be aborted!!
    They have gone after an 11yr old kid
    They have called Trump a Piece of Sh....and mentioned taking a dump on a desk while on the air, etc..
    They have comedians with portraits of beheaded Trump...
    They are chasing after a scandal that has yet to be linked to any evidence or crime...
    They are attacking people and threatening free speech, setting fires, rioting, etc.
    They have no message at all and do nothing but pick on tweets and other meaningless things

It is pretty bad out there.

22. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

sure starting to look that way.

23. BoneDaddy Suspended

BoneDaddy

Carefule. These facts will get you assaulted and liberals from all coners of the internet will curse you and your blood line.

24. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

I reject forced abortion and believe it should be between a woman and her physician. I also reject Eric Trump's assessment of what's going on in his dad's government, and I do insist that most Democrats are people.

President Trump’s son Eric Trump on Tuesday said Democrats are “not even people” to him after their obstruction of his father’s agenda.

“I’ve never seen hatred like this,” he said on Fox News’s “Hannity” Tuesday night. “To me, they’re not even people. It’s so, so sad. Morality’s just gone, morals have flown out the window and we deserve so much better than this as a country."

@samcraig is right about the kid projecting...

Morals have flown out the window? Get real. Morals maybe flew out the window the day the Republican establishment decided to go with the flow and let a charlatan onto the ballot.

Maybe we do “deserve so much better than this as a country” and maybe we don’t. We get what we vote for in this country, and then we find out if our elected officials are what they purported to be, or not. In this case, Trump’s what a lot of us were pretty sure he was to begin with, but his supporters put him over the top (with or without a boost from external forces) so we’re stuck with him unless we can impeach him or remove him on an Article 25 Section 4 stipulation.

Be that however it may turn out, meanwhile Eric Trump’s father is someone who has made it clear he’s gutting the agency that was established (by a Republican!) to ensure that generations of Americans would still be able to enjoy the scenic beauty of this country, breathe cleaner air, drink good water, navigate on and fish in clean rivers and lakes, know they were eating food from land not polluted by deadly toxins.

Is that moral, to roll back regulations made in the name of good stewardship? America does not think so. We want clean air, earth, water. So what if a coal or uranium company sees Trump as a ticket back to forbidden practices? Americans don’t want that. Trump’s rollbacks will land him and those companies in courts from here to the end of days. We want our national parks and we want our lakes and rivers not to revert to the polluted horrors they were before we embarked on a national cleanup. Does Trump plan to preside personally over a new attempt to set afire the Cuyahoga River when it gets oily enough again to give it a shot?

There is nothing “moral” about trying to enable resumption of the rape of America’s natural resources for the sake of extracting fossil fuels better left in the ground. We know how to make use of renewables now. We have the technology to do it. Yet this shortsighted pawn Trump helps flip the country into sheer kleptocracy by lying about what can “Make America Great Again.” His plans would make America and indeed the planet lie down in darkness one of these days, but that’s on a time scale that won’t bother him personally. His years here on earth are few now. One could hope to appeal to him for the sake of his grandchildren. I’m sure Ivanka has tried.

Moving on: there is nothing “moral” about maligning entire groups of Americans for being of some ethnicity or religion that doesn’t find favor with Donald Trump’s narrow view of America. Past questions of how an American president must act on behalf of all his citizens, as several courts have already determined, some of his actions in this regard have been found unconstitutional. He may be able to find a way to ban Muslims from entry here by writing legal language that will pass muster at the Supreme Court, but having tweeted that he intends a ban of Muslims certainly makes that project more problematic...

There’s nothing “moral” about tweeting highly undeserved insults to the mayor of a great and ancient city now beset by terror attacks. America’s way in time of crisis is to roll up sleeves and offer help. Does Trump plan to alienate all our allies? What does he consider the role of a superpower anyway, past using his bullhorn Twitter account to bluster and whine? China and Russia will like to know, so that while Trump pulls up our drawbridges, they can better lead and assist other nations in their own endeavors to advance and join the ranks of developed countries. God help us behind our walls and xenophobic ranting leader.

There’s nothing “moral” about appealing to xenophobia. We need a President who can appeal to our better nature, encourage us to work together to improve things for all of us.

There’s certainly nothing “moral” about the way Trump has failed to staff up a functional government. That government is by our consent. We did not consent to this chaotic dismantling by default that is occurring in our federal agencies. Budget cuts are one thing (and I’d argue his signaled draconian cut at the EPA is a mortal sin) but being so involved in trying to deter investigations of his staff that he can’t even focus on filling deputy agency slots is a dereliction of duty.

We make headway on this planet as a species through innovation. Trump has not even appointed chief scientists in our tech-related agencies. He proposes to cut research budgets. This is past immorality, this is a leap towards a mechanical and practical failure from which the country would not recover. We have only the Constitution’s separation of powers to thank for the fact that the Senate will not sign off on Trump’s insane budget.

Donald Trump is... doin’ it wrong... in so many ways past moral considerations that it’s possible his kid Eric is dazzled by the glare'n'flare of all those other flaws and hasn’t got around to noticing the complete lack of morality in his dad’s approach to governance.