Erroneous app on iPhone 4s...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by braeburn, Apr 12, 2012.

1. braeburn macrumors member

On my 4s, the app store states there is an update for one of my apps though that app is not on the phone itself nor on my itunes...

I checked the app section in my itunes library on my mac to see if its listed and it isn't...I also went to mobile applications in my macs library to see if it is listed there and isn't either...

When I try and update this app, it asks for my apple id however it is my old id from my previous employer, no longer know what it is...

So my question is, how do I get rid of the update notification and where else do I need to check for this particular app to see if its indeed installed?

2. GeorgieAcevedo macrumors 6502a

GeorgieAcevedo

3. braeburn thread starter macrumors member

No, have iOS 5.01 on the phone as well...

4. Atken macrumors member

If you go into Settings > Store and then scroll to the bottom, do you see the current Apple ID that you're using? Or is it the old ID from your previous employer?

You should be able to change the ID there to your current one if it's incorrect.

Other than that, assuming it's a free app anyway, try downloading it from the store again (not through the updates section). That alone might clear it from your update screen (since a fresh download should pull the most recent version anyway). You could download and then delete to see if that clears it as well

5. GeorgieAcevedo macrumors 6502a

GeorgieAcevedo

Well, if you jailbreak it'll be simple to remove a badge in any icon. Just putting it out there for ya. #

6. braeburn thread starter macrumors member

Yes, I am using my current ID and not the one from my previous employer...

I've actually tried downloading the app again but it automatically sees the app and has the update button active instead of the install app button...

----------

Sure but it wont solve the issue of it seeing an app that's not on the phone, in itunes or in the library on my mac...

7. Atken macrumors member

I assume you've used spotlight to search for the app rather than just manually looking for it on your various app pages?

Can you find the app under Settings > General > Usage? Assuming it's some sort of corrupted install, the app icon may be gone but the data - app or personal - might still be on your device. If it's listed under Usage, delete it from there

8. braeburn thread starter macrumors member

Yes to both and didn't find the app in either of those searches...

9. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

That doesn't really fix the problem, it just hides it. Right?

10. braeburn thread starter macrumors member

Is there a way to save all my apps to my itunes account and then delete them all off of the phone and itunes and then re-sync them?

I've got almost 100 apps and don't feel like downloading them one by one...Thought this might take of the annoyance...