Estimated Resale value of Penryn MBP 2.4 vs 2.5 5400 vs 7200

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macnewbdude, Mar 2, 2008.

1. macnewbdude macrumors newbie

Hi! I'm a read of these forums since maybe November the last speedbump update contemplating when to buy a new MBP. I'm a PC switcher and am very excited about my first Mac.

As has been discussed I don't need a new comp right now, but have decided to go ahead and purchase the MBP even with a case design that's quite old and possibly could be updated.

So my question is which of the Penryn MBP models, based on previous history will depreciate less in the resale market???? the low range model or mid range model and which hard drive choice

If they do redesign the case or add blu-ray etc. in the next year or 2 I may sell it and buy the new one if I feel like it and not wait forever to update like I have now. So I want to be able to recoup as much money as possible percentage wise if I do decide to sell

thanks

2. AndyFL macrumors regular

Ahh, I would say the difference will be very slim. So slim that I wouldn't really put much thought into it right now.

Will a 2.5 be worth more than a 2.4? Sure, but how much? Nobody really knows. You'd be better off putting your "concerns" into your reselling efforts to maximize your return on whichever machine you choose. Some folks do a "better" job of re-selling than others, and it shows in the price they end up getting. Whether it be the physical condition of the laptop, the way it's advertised, where it's advertised, etc etc -- these factors will have a greater impact on your return, IMO, than whether or not you have that extra .1Ghz or a 7200rpm drive. Good luck.