EU foreign minister: "Political Islam should be part of the picture in Europe"

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by aaronvan, Mar 28, 2016.

1. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

This is very interesting. Federica Mogherini, the current High Representative of the European Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy, is suggesting Sharia Law will be a part of the European political system.

2. FieldingMellish Suspended

Does Frederica enjoy rough nonconsensual sex by a group of swarthy strangers?

3. Populism macrumors regular

Populism

Meanwhile, in Germany...

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-e...idUSKCN0WU147?feedType=RSS&feedName=worldNews

4. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

5. FieldingMellish Suspended

6. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

The US should take note and sit back and watch Europe stick their heads further up their asses, then maybe we can learn something.

7. vrDrew macrumors 65816

I read the entire statement and it simply doesn't contain any mention of Sharia law.

I don't know why anybody would interpret what Federica Mogherini said as endorsing sharia law. Except someone trying to stir up trouble. Mogherini was merely stating the obvious: Muslims have been present in Europe for centuries. They are an integral part of European history, culture, and society.

8. aaronvan, Mar 28, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2016

aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

Political Islam is synonymous with Sharia Law and political Islam hasn't been part of European culture and society since 1614.

Mogherini is a committed Marxist and part of the EU political elite. Of course she is willing to capitulate and betray the Reformation, the Renaissance, reason, and rationalism. Anything to save her own skin.

9. sim667 macrumors 65816

@aaronvan in pulling out the right wing buzz words shocker :rolleyes:

10. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I don't think you know what a Marxist is. There aren't any in the senior EU government.

11. AleXXXa, Mar 29, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2016

AleXXXa macrumors 6502

AleXXXa

No, they're not. Nobody i know wants them here. But we can't do anything. If i kill one, i'll go to prison and i will probably get killed by other muslims (here prison population is 75-80% muslim, although there are only 2-3% muslims in the country).

Last summer i've travelled through France and tbh their situation is the worst. France it's probably my favourite country in the world, but i didn't feel safe at all, especially in Marseille and Paris. I feel sorry for the french men and women, they have to live with those savages in their beautiful cities.

I plan to move to Poland till the end of the year.

12. sim667, Mar 29, 2016

sim667 macrumors 65816

A. What Country?

B. Source?

Edit:

Im assuming from your videos that you're talking about Poland. In which case I can't see how you can reliably make the assertion that the polish prison population is 75-80% Muslim, when there don't seem to be any stats on Ethnic Minorities held in Polish prisons

http://www.prisonobservatory.org/in...nditions-in-poland&catid=13&Itemid=116#ETHNIC

13. Scepticalscribe, Mar 29, 2016

Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Thank you, @vrDrew for trying to draw attention to, and point out something as irrelevant as a salient fact when discussing this issue.

Now, as it happens, I, too, read the entire statement and nowhere is Sharia law mentioned, or, for that matter, endorsed by Ms Mogherini.

Rather than using this to start an intelligent and thought provoking discussion (and thank you, @Eraserhead, @vrDrew, and @sim667 for trying to advance arguments that are sane and thoughtful), the thread title is deliberately misleading and some of the contributions are downright mendacious, or mistaken.

The wild tone taken along with the………..strident and vociferous adjectives that suggest excess…only adds further to this.

14. FieldingMellish Suspended

Can't vacate 'em now. So adapt to "live" with them. EU foreign minister attempting to make peace with the devil and furnish cover for the insanity that has gripped the EU.

15. juanm, Mar 29, 2016

juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

It's not the religion (although admittedly it helps a lot). Take the religion out of the picture, and you still got aggressive, marginalised poor people. A lot smoke, and deal drugs (both would get them in trouble in purely muslim countries). In the absence of prospects and structure, religion is simply the thing they had closer to hand to agglutinate around.

Source: I am French. Spent high school years there, among those that now scare you.

Regarding the sharia thing, as always with aaronvan it's pulled out of thin air, or taken out of context and blown out of proportion. I think what the minister did was acknowledge that Islam does in fact play a political role for a lot of people, and that it's something that should be taken in consideration. It absolutely doesn't mean that Islam should play an active role in politics. Just a mere acknowledgment of the point of view of some people (which is healthy: it's never good to bury our head in the sand).

16. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

The apartment I stay in for the week at work is in a building that is full of Turks, Kurds, Persians they seem integrated enough, but I don't have deep conversations with them.

I assume the lady is referring to Muslims elected to government so there is some representation in national governments.

From the Speech

I've attached the speech

Attached Files:

17. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Having Islam as part of the political process is the goal of the religion. Good luck Europe. Your liberals have already screwed you.

18. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Maybe the next time you are in Paris, go and take a look at the Grand Mosque of Paris, which was built in 1922 in appreciation for the more than 100,000 Muslim tirailleurs who died fighting for France during WWI. Or walk around the Douaumont Ossuary in Verdun, and ponder the more than 35,000 French Muslims who died in that battle.

And ask yourself why the great-great grand-daughters of the Muslims who died for France a century ago can't wear a simple Hijab to public school or Government offices in that same country. (I would note that in every public school and county courthouse, in even the most conservative Bible-belt Christian counties in the United States, Muslim women are free to wear similar garments, without apparently impinging on anyone else's rights or freedom.)

19. sim667 macrumors 65816

Have you got anything actually useful to add to the thread?

20. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502

Bug-Creator

Because the french are smart enough to take the seperation of religion (not just Islam) and state seriously.

21. aaronvan, Mar 29, 2016

aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

There is at least one:

A member of the Italian Communist Youth Federation from 1988, in 1996 Mogherini joined the Youth Left after the dissolution of the Italian Communist Party and its transformation into a social democratic party.

The title is a direct quote.

In another thread you claimed to be a Spaniard. What next, Prussian?

Works for me. I like a government that takes the separation of church and state seriously.

22. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502

Bug-Creator

And how does that proove she is a "marxist" today ?

Heck it doesn't even proove that she was one back than (maybe she just joind to impress a love interest ;) ).

All we know that she is somewhat left of center...... oh wait in aaronvanese that spells "Kim dynasty loving Stalinist" !!!

23. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

You twisted yourself into a Bavarian pretzel with that rationalization. :)

24. firestarter macrumors 603

firestarter

The same reason that Catholic French can't wear crosses when working in state roles.

France has millennia of history that have got its culture to where it is now. That includes the Revolution, where the people threw off the violent oppression they'd been suffering under the church and aristocracy, replacing it with democracy and state secularism. No religion is allowed to wheedle its way into public life by parading its symbology through state roles.

The French should not capitulate to a small number of whiners who have failed to research the norms of the society they've chosen to join.

25. juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

I am both, and I've lived in both countries. Now I live in the UK.