Europe only gets Samsung screens on the MacBook Pro Retina?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by chad.petree, Feb 23, 2013.

1. chad.petree macrumors 6502

chad.petree

I bought a macbook pro retina 15" 2012 less than a month ago , and im pissed that theres a new refresh even if it has just a cpu thats 0.1 ghz faster, apple said they can exchange my laptop for the 2013 refresh but im afraid ill get a LG screen with possible image retention/burn in.

I've been told that usually Europe gets just samsung screens ? is it true? I live in Germany, id prefer to have the "old 2012 model" with a samsung screen instead of gettin the "new model" with a LG screen, the thing is , since apple and samsung relationships are crappy im afraid that from now on , we will only have lg screens :confused:

2. Squilly macrumors 68020

Squilly

I haven't heard of such. Pretty sure there are people from the UK and whereever else with an LG screen. Also note, the update isn't that big. You get an extra .1ghz but you lose 2MB of CPU cache.

3. JeffiJers macrumors 6502a

if your current samsung 2.3 is problem free your are crazy not to keep it.

on a 2.4 LG unit and one problem after another.. I would be at apple tomorrow morning but I am writing a thesis and cant afford the down time right now.

4. dastinger macrumors 6502a

dastinger

I'm from Portugal, bought mine in July and had an LG screen. Got it replaced due to severe retention and got a Sammy screen.

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

So if you get an LG and have concerns… keep exchanging?

Also why are you distraught over 100MHz or is it over the 16GB RAM that's of concern?

6. AlexeyG macrumors newbie

I live in Ukraine and of 10 rmbp I saw only 1 of LG, another have a Samsung display.

7. chad.petree thread starter macrumors 6502

chad.petree

Under which excuse? " I think my laptop may suffer from image retention , send another one" and repeat this until i get a samsung one? :(

8. Antadil macrumors newbie

This.

By the way, the one guy I know (German and bought the rMBP in Germany), who has checked the screen manufacterer, has a LG screen.

9. leman macrumors 604

Switzerland here - 4 rMBPs bought for out department, all of them LG. Anyway, if your laptop does not have any problems now, I don't see any reason to worry. If any problems will occur in the future, you can always repair it under warranty.

10. F1 Fan macrumors regular

F1 Fan

I'm in the UK and my local Apple store were displaying a 15" rMBP which had really bad image retention.

11. iaymnu macrumors 6502

I showed the :apple:store the unevenness of the coloring on the left side to the right side.

Swapped out quite a few until I got my samsung panel on both my rmbp.
    Do what you need to do. Don't settle until you are satisfied. ;)

12. JeffiJers macrumors 6502a

they let you open sealed box after box to get a samsung screen?

13. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

I have a base 2012 rMBP with a LG display, this thread is pointless, all Mac`s are produced in China and the display`s are simply a function of availability. Both LG & Samsung display`s can have issue, my own system has none, those that do have issue with the display simply need to take it up with Apple, and it will be rectified the origin of the display is academic...

14. dtelena macrumors newbie

Why you say that you lose 2MB of CPU cache ? Where did you get that ?

15. iaymnu macrumors 6502

In the HK IFC :apple: store. Yes they did. I opened 2 @ the store took the third home. Then returned next day to repeat.

16. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Personally I wouldn't care which one I got.

Just saying if you feel it's an issue, keep exchanging.

17. Squilly macrumors 68020

Squilly

Don't remember. I just know it drops from 8mb to 6mb