European ships rescue thousands of migrants off Libyan coast

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Aug 30, 2016.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

https://www.yahoo.com/news/european-ships-rescue-thousands-migrants-off-libyan-coast-144347904.html
    didn't Obama "liberate" them? why are they fleeing? who are they fighting since Obama "liberated" them?
    what is going to happen in Syria if Clinton "liberates" the Syrians by removing Assad?

2. vrDrew macrumors 65816

I don't think you understand.

The vast majority of the migrants are not Libyans fleeing civil war. They are Africans fleeing a continent whose economy and agriculture is collapsing due to climate change.

3. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

4. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Excellent: thousands more migrants bound for Europe.

Europeans foolishly believe they are importing hordes of third-worlders who will work for slave wages keeping the welfare states afloat so white Europeans can continue to enjoy 30-hour work weeks and full retirement at age 45.

Fools.

5. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

6. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Drought and flood affect agricultural output whether or not one "believes in" climate change. Perhaps you would prefer information that is based a little closer to home, regarding what happens when water stops falling out of the sky in predictable patterns. Even though food prices in the USA are somewhat resistant to scarcity in the range of 5-10%, the effects of reduced agricultural exports and local job losses are huge. In neighboring countries, increased migration into Mexico and the US ensues after persistent drought leaves farming families without jobs.

So after a few more years of drought and/or flooding in say California, Texas, Louisiana, the upper midwest... what will be their excuse?, one may wonder. Failure to convert to production of smaller computer chips?
    I still like food on the table in the morning even if there's a laptop there too.

7. sim667 macrumors 65816

Largely Eritrean and Somalian refugees I believe

Eritrea: Totalitarian state with a reputation for vast amounts of human rights abuses including state endorsed torture, murder and rape, and kidnapping for child soldiers.

Somalia: Civil war between the SFG, AMISOM, and al Shabaab, again with plenty of human rights abuses and use of child soldiers to boot.

So yeah, clearly economic migrants.

8. twietee macrumors 603

twietee

Man, ya'll can be thankful that native American's weren't so picky regarding immigration laws back then.

9. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502

Bug-Creator

Any more nonsense you might want to add to that?

Climate change+out of control population (Africa,Middleeast and Centralasia) will lead to migration on a level that will make the current one look like a summer picknick....

10. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

Nah. "White people are to blame" is a good enough excuse.

11. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

So... whose going to change your adult nappies when your old? Hint: there are not enough native young people in either Europe or the US to take care of the bulge of old people coming through. Adding people to a country is one way of growing an economy.

12. 1458279 Suspended

Just in case you didn't get the memo, it's because of Air Conditioners. John Kerry said so, that makes it true.
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/07/23/kerry-air-conditioners-as-big-threat-as-isis.html

Don't forget, you better agree with them or you'll be in trouble.
    http://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/h...ynch-looks-prosecuting-climate-change-deniers

Attorney General Lynch Looks Into Prosecuting ‘Climate Change Deniers’

loretta-lynch.jpg
    --- Post Merged, Sep 1, 2016 ---
    So is cutting government size and reducing waste and automating.

Adding more population to pay for the prior population is a pyramid scheme. What do we do when those people get old? We can't even feed and house the people we have now. Aren't humans smarter than this?
    pyramidScheme.jpeg

13. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502

Bug-Creator

Noone is ADDING population, refugees have sofar just leveled out losses....

And now I have to get an image out of my head:
    1000s of old KarlJays lying on an assembly line waiting to be fed into the diaperchangingmachine.

14. 1458279 Suspended

I wonder what the excuse was 50 years ago. How much hotter has it been in Africa? Wasn't it a coming ice age, then warming, now it's just "change"?
    Global_Cooling_11.gif
    Nothing to see here, keep it moving... Maybe it's one of those "self solving problems"

worldpopulation.gif

15. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502

Bug-Creator

Refugees are obviously those coming here, into countries with shrinking native population....

As for the problem solving itself, sure in the long run it will just do that bummer if you have to life through it.

16. 1458279 Suspended

I wish this forum didn't have rules against pic of dead people :D I love the smell of good shock pics in the morning...

California is run by Dems, after several years of drought, they spend TONS on flood control and did nothing about water storage. Meanwhile, we're saving the Delta Smelt by letting good drinking water go to the ocean.

DeltaSmelt.jpeg

In Africa...

These people need to learn to stop having so many babies and wars. They are just like Dems, they live beyond their resources. Learn to conserve.

Anyone noticing the common problem here? Dems.
    BTW, the shrinking native population is the solution. We were set to reduce resource use, now with people coming in using the welfare and education, the whole system is going to bust. These people don't bring economic value. Knowledge and innovation grows the economy.

17. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

This comment is so ignorant.

18. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

These immigrants aren't coming to change your adult diapers and ensure your comfortable retirement at age 45. Europe better find a better way to grow their economy than importing millions of third-worlders and suing Apple.

They did resist. However, Native Americans spent more time fighting each other than they spent fighting the European settlers. And the Europeans had guns. In the end, when it become a forgone conclusion, the Native Americans told themselves, "Hey, at least we'll have someone to change our adult nappies."

vrDrew says they're economic so they're economic. How dare you contradict the Sage of PSRI?

19. sim667 macrumors 65816

Apple aren't being "sued" nor are "third world workers" being "imported"

Well the Europeans had guns and disease, if you're totally honest. I guess guns and disease makes it acceptable though, right?

20. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

You've obviously have never spent much time in a nursing home in the US and UK. I have, and the people working their are from every corner of the planet because most native people in the US and UK do not want jobs like that.

Also, my retirement age is 67.

21. sim667 macrumors 65816

In my grans Nursing home, I reckon its about 30% English vs 70% Immigrant staff wise.

22. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

One of the odd things I noticed was watching the old folks in my Dad's nursing home. Most of them were racist to one extent or another, and watching them interact with immigrants from Asia to Africa was cringeworthy. All I can say about the people who have been so hostile to immigrants is that what goes around comes around - they'll get their comeuppance in their old age.