"Evan McMullin: If I Can’t Stop Trump and Hillary, ‘Happy’ Just to Stop Trump"

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by thermodynamic, Oct 26, 2016.

1. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/10/25/mcmullin-happy-block-trump/

Technically petty, since candidates usually want to run to win on their own merits. But if he has nothing of merit then he should be petty. I'm also aware of the irony in the pettiness of my response thus far. ;)

No pettiness to follow, only curiosity:

Well, so far trickle down and economic interests have grossly failed, with little explanation, America's working class so forgive the skepticism from all Americans.

Also, when will people remember a country is not just its economy, despite the economy being a part of a country?

2. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Way to go Breitbart. Disrespect an actual conservative.

These guys need to get out more. The country's not really longing for a half baked demagogue like Trump. They want to see some practical changes, not the chaos of whatever a Trump presidency might bring. The tea party is clearly not going to make practical changes happen in Congress, and the wind is already shifting. Yes it's true that this year the main purpose of Evan McMullin is to pull votes from Trump. Next time out the box, the conservatives will have a leg up,either with McMullin or with some other conservative who thinks outside the tea party box of "burn the barn down."

3. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

His only role in 2016 is to help elect Hillary. They share an identical foreign policy objective in Syria—remove Bashar al-Assad from power, giving the country over to al-Qaeda, ISIS and other jihadists, in much the same way [they] did to Libya. Interesting admission, as he’s been directly involved in “working with” al-Qaeda, I mean ‘rebels’ in Syria:

4. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

LOL isn't he only on the ballot in 16 States? Do what your playmate Jeborah did and go home to Mommy.

5. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

The US and other powers in the middle east and Central Asia have recruited proxies to fight their battles since the first time Afghanistan was ever invaded for any purpose. If you don't like how the US does this sort of work, maybe try living in a country that doesn't bother with intel and has no military past what it takes to keep its own citizenry in line, no covert forces except to keep an eye on domestic political opposition. Most of them have dictatorial governments who focus mainly on ripping off their citizens while they stash away for personal retirement purposes the proceeds of the export of natural resources. If you think that sounds too much like the USA you need to broaden your news sources.

And need I say the US was faulted before 9/11 for not keeping up with what jihadis were up to? How do you think that works, "keeping up"... by putting satellites up to look down and see what uniforms people are wearing?

I'm a leftie but I get damn tired of hearing Americans with political agendas dump all over the CIA for doing the job that we ask them to do whenever it suits the agenda holder to blame somebody for something. It's not like the CIA gets to hold a press conference when things go well. It's not like they can say "it wasn't like that" when they're raked over the coals in public for something either.

And don't sound so surprised about McMullin's brief summary of his job. Switching loyalties in tribal hinterlands is like the changing of the seasons in places where the only way to make a buck is narcotraffic, arms deals, banditry or signing up with a warlord (or the CIA, or pick a foreign covert ops player) for as long as a "project" lasts, a day, a month, a couple years... If you don't think people who have been our allies in one set of skirmishes can be enemies in another then you don't understand how high bids work.

6. Jess13, Oct 27, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2016

Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

Yeah, CIA’s “job” is to arm al-Qaeda terrorists to destroy countries. Welcome to 1984. :rolleyes:

PS. CIA protected 9/11 hijackers in the U.S., according to you they were doing their “job.”

U.S. Relies Heavily on Saudi Money to Support Syrian Rebels

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/24/w...-on-saudi-money-to-support-syrian-rebels.html

The Saudi efforts were led by the flamboyant Prince Bandar bin Sultan, at the time the intelligence chief, who directed Saudi spies to buy thousands of AK-47s and millions of rounds of ammunition in Eastern Europe for the Syrian rebels. The C.I.A. helped arrange some of the arms purchases for the Saudis, including a large deal in Croatia in 2012.

Months later, Mr. Obama gave his approval for the C.I.A. to begin directly arming and training the rebels from a base in Jordan, amending the Timber Sycamore program to allow lethal assistance. Under the new arrangement, the C.I.A. took the lead in training, while Saudi Arabia’s intelligence agency, the General Intelligence Directorate, provided money and weapons, including TOW anti-tank missiles.

29 Pages Revealed: Corruption, Crime and Cover-up Of 9/11

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kristen-breitweiser/29-pages-revealed-corrupt_b_11033068.html

President Bush did not want the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia investigated. President Bush has deep ties to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and its royal family and only wanted to protect the Kingdom. President Bush wanted to go to war in Iraq — not Saudi Arabia. So, 29 full pages that said “Saudi” and “Bandar” instead of “Hussein” and “Iraq” was a huge problem for President Bush.

Remember that the next time you see Presidentreason Warbama cry fake tears for U.S. victims of gun violence, because he simultaneously gives machine guns to al-Qaeda terrorists in conspiracy with CIA and 9/11 Saudis.

Warbama.png

7. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

That is your assessment. It is obviously not the assessment of the CIA's oversight committees in Congress. Grow up and stop spouting partisan nonsense.

I was pretty sure you would go there again. Welcome back to my ignore list.

Meanwhile on the topic of this thread: in my opinion Mr. McMullin is a perfectly adequate candidate to be running for President as an alternative to the hijacked GOP party's disgraceful Mr. Trump. It's too bad McMullin was not proposed as an alternative early enough to land on the ballot in more states. He'd probably be the next President. I'd personally not be happy having a conservative in the Oval Office for various reasons, but Evan McMullin is certainly better prepared for the job by his legislative experience alone than is Donald Trump.

8. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

You’re defending the arming of al-Qaeda. You should grow up. Laughable.

That’s good, because I also just decided prior to your reply to effectively ignore you myself. But I’ll repeat this: His only role it to try to elect Hillary. They both want to destroy the progressive country of Syria.

Good day, and goodbye.

9. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Oops. Not quite time for my daily tweaking of the ignore rolls...

The progressive country of Syria has not happened yet. Just so you know. The day Bashar Assad has an ounce of progressivism in his bloody mind is never. Even Russia and Iran are fully aware of that. They are both vamping for their own agendas while prepared to help Assad and/or his clan get safe passage somewhere else (and not without a fee of some sort, believe it). Neither is trying to preserve a "progressive" Syria. The negotiations might eventually establish one, however. They'd probably settle for two or three neighboring little dicatorships at this point. One can hope sooner rather than later. 400k dead seems like a high price to pay for that hope.

McMullin's purpose this year is to draw votes from Trump. Period. And a nobler cause there could not be in this particular season. If he helps elect Hillary Clinton then he will have helped defeat Mr. Trump. Mission accomplished.

Of course if he manages to throw the election into the House then I may not be quite so enthusiastic. But so far Mr. Trump is making that scenario look more remote by the day.

10. Jess13, Oct 27, 2016

Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

It’s simply hilarious to read comments in defense of CIA and Obama treasonously arming al-Qaeda terrorists in conspiracy with 9/11 Saudis to destroy progressive Syria.

Let’s play a game of contrasts.

Drinks and dancing drown out war as nightlife returns to Damascus

http://www.cbc.ca/news/multimedia/d...ar-as-nightlife-returns-to-damascus-1.3556271

It's a weeknight, but Damascenes are keen to hit a strip of bars that have opened in the past few months. Some are going to socialize and others to work in the venues.

http://www.businessinsider.com/nigh...and-a-partial-truce-brought-a-sense-of-calm-1

The Syrian civil war has been raging for more than four years, and while millions of refugees have fled the country, there are many young Syrians who are just trying to live normal lives. In Damascus' Old City, just a mile away from the war's front lines, young Syrians have started going to bars and clubs in an effort to experience normality.

Syria Alcohol.jpg

Meanwhile, in regressive Saudi Arabia, that Obama, CIA and Hillary are treasonously helping to destroy Syria:

Australian grandfather was jailed for six months and FLOGGED 28 times for drinking beer illegally in Saudi Arabia... and now they won't let him LEAVE

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...inking-beer-Saudi-Arabia-won-t-let-LEAVE.html

An engineer, who was sentenced to six months jail and 75 lashes after he was found with homemade alcohol in Saudi Arabia, has spoken of his frustration with the lack of help he received from the Australian embassy.

Grandfather Peter Mutty, from Roseberry in Sydney's inner-west, was caught with two cartons of beer, one box of red wine and one box of white wine in his car on August 31 last year while driving home in Riyadh.

The possession of alcohol is illegal in Saudi Arabia.

278F9C2F00000578-3038135-image-a-1_1429017511689.jpg

Not only is alcohol legal in Syria, whereas it isn’t in Saudi Arabia, Syrian women also are free to be out on their own in progressive and liberal Syria—day or night. In regressive and ultra-conservative Saudi Arabia, they have to be chaperoned by male relatives whenever they leave home.

Now let’s focus on women’s dress.

Syrian Women

(in addition to the Syrian women pictured above drinking alcohol, freely dressed)

Syrian Women.jpg

In progressive and liberal Syria, women freely dress how they choose to in public. In regressive Saudi Arabia, women have to be covered up when they’re in public:

Saudi Women

Saudi Women.jpg

Again, let’s contrast the dress:

Syrian women’s basketball team vs. Saudi women’s basketball team

Women’s basketball.jpg

There is more than just this, too many examples to post. This includes Freedom of Religion in Syria, i.e. Christians and Churches, whereas in Saudi Arabia it is religious Islamic fanatics/lunatics and Christianity is banned, and atheists receive death sentences.

So tired of Obama and Hillary supporters – worse than Trump’s #AltRight racists.

Obama: terrorist war criminal par excellence, possibly the worst president of all-time. Hillary: terrorist war criminal par excellence, probably be worse than Bush and Obama combined.

#MAGA

11. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Breitbart is pretty much working for the Trump campaign.

12. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

The bartender in the fedora, you want green card? ;)

13. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

14. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

15. Jess13, Oct 27, 2016

Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

Sorry, I don’t have anything else to say to you. And I don’t want to get banned again. Now vote for KKKillary, so she can overtly destroy Syria for CIA and her Saudi terrorist friends first thing once elected, Saudis who have given her tens of millions in pay-to-play bribes, Saudis who torture and murder LGBTQs that Hillary doesn’t say a ****ing thing about in protest because she’s a fake bitch. Then you can watch Hillary continue to pretend she cares about women’s rights being human rights, as she conspires and sides with anti-women’s rights Saudis in their quest to destroy millions of far freer Syrian women’s rights and lives.

16. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Not sure why you want to deflect consideration of what Assad (and his father before him and his fair weather friends of the moment) have done to poor Syria with a tirade about the magical powers you think Hillary Clinton has in the exercise of the affairs of Saudi Arabia.

Nonetheless since you don't want to get banned, then don't talk, just read some of this stuff. You're always encouraging other PRSI members to read the stuff you put up, or watch the videos you cite, or look at the pics or docs you upload. So try these on and see how they fit that lipsticked pig Assad sometime.

17. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

They've taken over his campaign.

18. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

When are you buying a hybrid?
    --- Post Merged, Oct 28, 2016 ---
    If he wins Utah and it's a draw he'll be president.

19. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Hillary would have to cut a swastika in her head on live TV for that to happen. Of course, she'd probably get tens of million of Trump supporters to vote for her negating this conservative fan fiction.

20. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

For those interested is a map of where McMullin is on ballot (11) a write-in (32) or neither (7).

If you write him in and he's not eligible for write-in, McMullin's teams may be filing legal motions to get them counted. If you write him in and your vote is not counted, your downticket votes are still counted.

Actually in NYS if a write-in is not certified, it's still counted but into what is labelled the "Scatttered" category). NY is a crazy state; there are always a lot of certified write-ins, this year there are over 30 of them on the official document that was issued on Oct 24th. So like that's not already "scattered"? :D but at least Evan McMullin's vote count actually must be recorded as votes for him in New York State.​

I'm happy to have found out McMullin is a valid write-in for New Yorkers, along with his (at the time, temporary) VP pick Nathan Johnson. If you're writing McMullin in, and your state's ballot has a space for VP write-ins also, you must put Nathan Johnson although McMullin now has an actual running mate, Mindy Finn, in whose favor Johnson would resign when the electoral college meets.

So all you Trumpians who are having second thoughts about The Donald, here may be an option if you are a believer in third party votes when you don't like the 2 major party candidates.

And for Dems like me in a deep blue state who are not really fans of Clinton... likewise an option. Of course in a true black swan event, McMullin could win and then I'd probably regret my protest vote. So far I'm still leaning Clinton...

Of course if you see the handwriting on the wall and it says that the winner must be Clinton or Trump, then... hold your nose and vote for one of them.

21. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

He's worse than the 1996 Ross Perot.

22. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Don't forget the mission is to compare to Trump and Clinton...

But he's guaranteed to get fewer votes than Perot for sure, so no worries!

23. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

No doubt. This time he was sent by the Bush family to cause damage because Jeborah got chewed up and spit out. I guess a Mothers love just isn't enough some times.

24. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Cartoon highlights the blatant ignorance of the middle east.

Killing is a normal and even expected part of life there.

25. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Says the liberal who favors a Republican with conservative policies and a very conservative VP. Like some bombs won't fall under that ticket. :rolleyes: