Even Apple Thinks The Black iP5 > White

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by newyorksole, Sep 12, 2012.

1. newyorksole macrumors 68030

Apple ALWAYS uses the white iPhone in their promotional materials and on their website.

Now they're using black. It definitely looks MUCH sleeker than the white and I will for sure be getting it in black.

The iPhone 4/4S looks better in white IMO, but it looks WEIRD on the 5 with that 2-tone back.

2. Ayemerica, Sep 12, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2012

Ayemerica macrumors demi-god

Ayemerica

It's funny apple pushed the white ip4s and I bought black . I wanted to buy white this time but the black looks better

3. King Shady macrumors 6502

King Shady

The all matte black/gunmetal grey looks very cool... too bad I'm happy with my GS3 lol. Both will be great devices all around, but I can't go back down to a 4inch screen and iOS isn't for me. But damn the black does look very good!!

4. h00ligan macrumors 68030

I liked the white before but white + large aluminum....this one is UGLY in white

5. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

I am still going to order the white model, but the black one is very awesome looking.

6. Anthony T macrumors 6502a

I actually love both, but I'll be sticking with black. I'm a little OCD, and I feel like the black matches my MacBook Pro better.

I'm so happy Apple used a darker aluminum on the black one, instead of using the light gray with the black like in some of the prototype photos. That thing was fugly.

7. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

I noticed this too! They really pushed white iPad3s too.

8. squidkitten macrumors 6502

squidkitten

I think white looks gorgeous on the iPad, especially since you have your fingers all over the bezel and it doesn't show fingerprints as easily as the black bezel does.

I think I'll always stick with black for my iPhone, though. I'm a little concerned about the anodized metal on the black iPhone this time around, though. I'm worried about the day that freak accident happens and I have a big silver scratch or silver nicks right in the middle of the pretty black metal.

9. Ayemerica macrumors demi-god

Ayemerica

I'm worrying about the same thing.

10. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

The reason why Apple showed off the white 4S was because white was still sort of a "new thing" at the time. This is the third generation to have white, so it only makes sense to go back to black (the standard, most common choice).

And I agree, the black 5 looks better than the white 5, but the 4 and 4S look much better in white.

11. newyorksole thread starter macrumors 68030

Exactly. I knew I couldn't be the only 1 who noticed. Can't wait to get the black iPhone 5.

I don't think it'll scratch that easily.

12. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

4S is better in white but on 5 the black one is clearly better

13. SPNarwhal macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

They're probably pushing the black because of the new bezel, they've never done that before and it makes this product look a lot more like a new thing rather than just a long version of the 4/4S.

14. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

The iPhone 4 was advertised in black. They advertised the 4S in white to separate it from the 4. They alternate advertising black and white

15. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

It's more because the black 5 looks different from the black 4S from all angles whereas the white 5 looks the same except from the back.

16. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

I dunno. I've never liked white, but this one is gorgeous. I'm torn.

17. Shaddow825 macrumors 6502

Well that could be because the white one didn't ship until 9 or 10 months after the black iphone 4 did.

18. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

that is certainly part of it, and also probably part of why they chose to promote the white with the 4S

19. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

I said this earlier, when I said they pushed the white 4S because white was a newer thing at that time. White came out late for the 4 as we all know, so it wasn't advertised. Hence white 4S advertising.

Again, the black looks more sleek this time around.

20. daviddth macrumors 6502a

daviddth

I have never bought a white iPhone as they dont really appeal to me - not that I hate them, I just prefer a black Phone. The iPhone 5 on the other hand looks horrid in white, but really great in black, so I'm going black again.

Once you go Black you will never go back :eek::D

21. Risco macrumors 68000

Risco

But, if
    You're thinkin' about my baby
    It don't matter if you're
    Black or white

:p

22. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

I love my white iPhone 4S, but this one is all about the black.

23. animatedude, Sep 12, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2012

animatedude macrumors 65816

i don't like the anodized aluminum back on the black iPhone 5 at all! but he raw aluminum back on the white iPhone 5 looks amazing..

24. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

I like the white better

25. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

they really threw a monkey wrench at me with these 2 color choices lol. I always go white. but I think the black band dark back look freaking awesome. So I was going to get black. But now im thinking if I case it (which I usually do) Only the front is going to show which I like better in white.....decisions decisions....