Even Foxconn workers say the iPhone 5 was poorly manufactured

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mr. RPG, Sep 27, 2012.

1. bamafever09 macrumors regular

bamafever09

Guess I got lucky, because mine is perfect. Maybe I got one out of a good batch. Very interesting though.

2. armoredsaint macrumors regular

armoredsaint

reminds me of the old movie Gung-Ho about a car maker just cranking out cars, doesn't matter if it's bad or not, full of defects etc...

[​IMG]

3. darngooddesign macrumors G3

4. srcampana macrumors member

Did you watch the video with the pictures and texts? Could be real, who knows. Wouldn't necessarily be surprising for someone to take pictures of something at work that isn't up to par and send it to their friends.

5. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I think its going to take more than the word of a single Foxconn worker to substantiate this claim. I've read on these forums about defective/scratched iPhones out of the box -- but the incidence doesn't seem higher than in years past.

If only 10 out of every 100 iPhone were of acceptable quality, there is no way that would be profitable. I'm skeptical.

6. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Maybe it was 10 out of 100 until they sorted out a manufacturing process which was used from then on.

7. greylee macrumors member

I wouldn't believe anything from a Chinese 'news' source especially it's from the worker....

8. Doc750 macrumors 6502a

The worker just confirmed what everyone on this forum already knew, but didn't want to admit.

9. Small White Car, Sep 27, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2012

Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Yes, we all just knew that only 10% of iPhones got packaged and shipped instead of the normal amount.

I got the information from a pack of bubble gum, how'd the news reach you?

= = = = = = = =

The thing is, it's likely that ALL devices go through a period like this early on. How do we know this guy didn't see the first test run while they were working out the problems? It's one guy looking at one factory. How do we know that wasn't the first test run? We don't know.

10. iphoneclassic macrumors 6502

I guess Apple thought fans here will live with anything and mfg process will be streamlined by the time they release in other countries.

11. stu.h macrumors 65816

stu.h

What?

12. pragmatous macrumors 65816

13. alexander25 macrumors regular

my iPhone seems to be fine. other than the quick battery drain for the first few days, no real complaints yet.

if anything, i'll get it swapped out in a few months for one of these newly manufactured phones ;)

14. Mr. RPG thread starter macrumors 6502a

I thought there's only a 14 day return policy.

15. forty2j macrumors 68030

forty2j

I imagine he's expecting a recall (and I expect him to be disappointed).

16. Scottgb macrumors member

I feel bad for the people that had flaws right out of the box. Mine was flawless, and I put it in a case immediately to keep it that way.

17. BlueGummiBear macrumors 6502a

BlueGummiBear

I had the battery issue too. I did a "Reset All Settings" and battery issue fixed. Prior to that the iPhone was getting warm for no reason and draining the battery 1% every few minutes. Now it lasts all day and is cold to the touch.

18. Mr. RPG thread starter macrumors 6502a

Really? Did you do that as soon as you activated it?

19. BlueGummiBear macrumors 6502a

BlueGummiBear

I did it after I restored from the backup of my previous iPhone. It was about 4 hours after.

20. Mr. RPG thread starter macrumors 6502a

You think I should do the 'Restore Settings' as soon as I get mine then, since you claim it was the fix?

21. BlueGummiBear macrumors 6502a

BlueGummiBear

I would. It's the first button at the top labeled "Reset All Settings". After you activate your phone and restore your backup, go into Settings -> Reset -> Reset All Settings. Your phone will reboot. You will have to reconnect to your wireless access points, re-enter in passwords for your email accounts and adjust other minor settings like screen brightness.

I've done this for 4 iPhone 5's already and it's worked on all of them.

22. MisterDisney macrumors 6502a