Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Hello, I set the privacy settings of my personal FB account to "Friend only" for max security. However, from my just created FB account, I made friend with somebody at school who is a friend of my friend in the personal FB account. Later, I see a list of suggested friends including my personal FB account. I clicked on my personal FB account and surprisingly, I can see all my personal information including About, profile photos and cover photos. How come a new person (my just created FB accont) who is not a friend of my personal FB account have access to all the information I set to "Friend only"?

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
Because you're logged in already? Try searching for your account when logged off or from the computer of a friend who's logged onto their account to see what info is visible.

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
I have personal account logged in under Safari while my newly created account logged in under Dolphin. So, even having two accounts logged on from different browsers on the same iPhone, they share information?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I have personal account logged in under Safari while my newly created account logged in under Dolphin. So, even having two accounts logged on from different browsers on the same iPhone, they share information?
So do you just see profile information and that's it, not posts and all of that?

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
I see profile information, photos, people's and my comments on photos. Friend list is hidden.

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Profile photos and cover photos. How can I hide those from people who are not my friends as well?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Profile photos and cover photos. How can I hide those from people who are not my friends as well?
I believe like your name those are basically part of your public facing pieces of Facebook.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
The only way to stay truly hidden on Facebook is not to use Facebook. I gave up on trying to lock down my profile and now I don't care who sees what.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
The only way to stay truly hidden on Facebook is not to use Facebook. I gave up on trying to lock down my profile and now I don't care who sees what.
You can certainly lock down plenty of it, just not everything.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
You can certainly lock down plenty of it, just not everything.
If friends tag you in something or link to you most likely others will see it. Sure you can set it up to approve all tags and posts from others but at some point you defeat the purpose of Facebook.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
If friends tag you in something or link to you most likely others will see it. Sure you can set it up to approve all tags and posts from others but at some point you defeat the purpose of Facebook.
I guess that depends on one's use of it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.