Even Jeff Sessions agrees with AG Sally Yates.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MacNut, Jan 30, 2017.

1. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Oh dear, this could come back to bite Sessions.

2. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

Here is the video again for ***** and giggles

3. zin macrumors 6502

Yes to extrajudicial assassinations of U.S. citizens, indefinite detention without trial, dragnet surveillance, arming terrorists…

No to temporarily suspending immigration using powers specifically granted to the President.

o_O

4. Meister Suspended

Meister

Take a look at the "women march".
    Those people in coalition with the globalists is what we are dealing with.

They don't give a ****.
    Neither do we.
    And neither does the honey badger.

5. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Well spotted.

6. samcraig macrumors P6

I forgot you were completely fluent in the US Constitution.

7. zin macrumors 6502

Deflection noted.

8. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

"Deflection noted"? Weak.

That video, I saw on CNN this morning. :D

Of course, CNN is the Clinton News Network and we shouldn't believe anything we see on it, not even with our own lying eyes. That's probably a computer-generated Jeff Sessions. You know the librull media!

OK, serious now. Watch out for incoming hypocrisy from Sessions, who'll probably defend Trump.

9. samcraig macrumors P6

It's not a deflection. How can you make the comments you are making when you do not understand the legality of the bad and how it was executed? Please. Enlighten me.

ETA: And the other obvious statement - drawing a comparison is silly. You can be for/against one and not the other. There are morals, ethics and also - you know - the law.

10. zin macrumors 6502

You have to be a special kind of crazy to believe indefinite detention without trial and arming the enemy is legal but determining border entry requirements for non-citizens is not.

This woman was obviously for the above, evidenced by the fact that she did nothing whilst serving under Obama. You talk about morals. This woman has none.

11. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Obviously between Yates and Ragsdale, decent law enforcement people in the Trump administration have the life expectancy of one of those red-shirted crewmen on Star Trek.

Even before the media mentioned it, I thought of this being similar to Nixon's infamous Saturday Night Massacre.

But believe it or not, this may end up being a positive thing. Trump is angling for dictator. Whereas Obama would begin cabinet meetings by saying, "Give me five reasons for this policy, and five reasons against," Trump is an authoritarian who doesn't listen to anyone but the voices in his head. And that is ultimately going to be his downfall.

Every day of his administration he turns more Americans against him. Trump fans should disabuse themselves of the notion that the protests are going to go away easily.

Unless, of course, Trump sends the Army into Chicago and everywhere else to quell them -- and I don't put that beyond the realm of possibility.

12. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

13. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

exactly. years ago perhaps this would have, but today, even the guy living under a rock knows what's going on. The "gotcha" game of yesterday is out in the open. No one really cares and the what's happening in the world of politics is the people playing these games now know the people aren't being fooled as easily any more. It's part of the reason these protests and riots and all the public displays of BS going on aren't gaining any traction or making a hill of beans of difference. People now just wait for them to go away as it's just an annoyance and when they go on and on it backfires and Trump as POTUS is what results.

14. samcraig macrumors P6

You are cross pollinating the issue.

15. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

That was then. This is now.

The only thing that hasn't changed is Trump's love of war.

16. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

He fights a war with his comb every day.

17. Zenithal macrumors 68040

And be blissful for us, the people. While I agree with Sessions and Yates, I didn't fancy the idea of Sessions being AG. That man is a stalwart to the Tea Party influenced Right that's taken over the actual right, but he knows when something amiss is afoot.

18. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

Does he have the balls to stand up to trump though.

19. Zenithal macrumors 68040

Yes, but they're tightly within the grasp of Trump's hand. You see, MacNut, Trump doesn't discriminate who he grabs. I can't wait until some rogue reporter jokingly asked what President Pence or President Bannon or even President Spicer will be planning. The reaction from Trump would be hilarious.

20. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

He only grabs *****. Not sure he likes balls.

21. Zenithal macrumors 68040

A rumored Russian sex tape says otherwise. Regardless, he went to a military school that was fraught with weird ritualized hazing.

Joking aside, I very much doubt POTUS is into that stuff. I would not, however, be surprised if VP Pence was into that stuff. It makes sense given his outlook.

22. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

He may turn out to be something like McConnell. Day to day a real PITA but when the chips are down and the Constitution or the nation's welfare is seen at issue, partisanship steps back just a few paces. That's enough to save the day.

Otherwise the ACLU and friends will tangle with him in court over something one of these days.

23. Zenithal macrumors 68040

Examples of what Mitch has done? Apart from being an ass, I'm very out of the loop in terms of the good he's done.

24. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

I had mainly this in mind... it was critical that we not go over the edge...

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/17/us/congress-budget-debate.html

He's also somewhat malleable on the matter of health insurance coverage although a foe of the ACA itself. He worked to extend coverage in Kentucky and didn't want to see it rolled back even though it was largely through extension of Medicaid. That surprised me a little although I realize he's like any Senator in wanting to see to his constituent's needs. There are other public officials who refused to pick up added coverage for their impoverished residents that way through ACA. McConnell put the people first.

https://thinkprogress.org/mcconnell...re-website-his-constituents-love-5c31e5d70281