Even more bad news about Obama's great economy. Does Hillary still have a chance?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by 1458279, Aug 26, 2016.

1. 1458279 Suspended

If Obama's economy wasn't bad enough with the 1st quarter being REALLY bad, now the 2nd quarter gets yet another downgrade.

http://www.businessinsider.com/r-us...to-11-percent-consumer-spending-raised-2016-8

Looks like Obama will go down in history as the worst president in US history on economic. Too late now for him to change anything.

Good thing Hillary has all those non-stop email scandals to keep people's mind of Obama's economy that she's embraced and vows to continue.

I guess the solution to a bad fire is to start a worse fire so that the bad fire doesn't look so bad. Hmmmm...

<notice that Trump wasn't mentioned ONCE, let's see how long the auto-bashers take to go off track>

2. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

How is it too late? Can't he made executive orders the way previous presidents had? Given the number of times people say he's been obstructed, what prevents him from doing so? Yes, I freely admit ignorance on this process. I don't play chess. Or poker.

3. citizenzen macrumors 65816

How soon you forget George W. Bush.

4. samcraig macrumors P6

5. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Has he? Why do you believe he has?

Didn't Obama bring in a lot of republicans, some associated with Bush? Why would he if he was running on change and not more of the same? Even Obamacare, good as it is and I've read good stories and cases from people, was in fact based on Romneycare. Yet today, we see more price gouging than ever, suggesting Obama's plan is an epi fail.

6. samcraig macrumors P6

Epi fail. Intentional or not... funny!

7. 1458279 thread starter Suspended

Obama really can't change things in the next few weeks. He doesn't even have any economic plans in play or even talking about anything new. At this point, even Obama has said during his visit to the floods that's he's pretty much gone.

I can't even imagine anything that he would do that would have much change in the economy at this point. It is what it is. The revisions went from really bad to worse, hard to make that look good now.

Just like the "if you like your Dr", it's over, we're stuck with it.

8. citizenzen macrumors 65816

He claims that Obama has a worse economic record than any president in U.S. history.

For one, I find that statement to be hyperbolic.

And for two, I believe that Obama couldn't even be accurately called the worst president of the last two ... let alone all U.S. history.

9. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Another reason the people on the right should be kicking themselves nonstop. She should have no chance. It should be a slam dunk for anyone running against her. But she still leads in most of the polls, right?

10. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Why is the recovery taking so long and who's to blame?

http://www.epi.org/publication/why-is-recovery-taking-so-long-and-who-is-to-blame/

11. 1458279 thread starter Suspended

I guess you are connecting the old outdated poll methods to a sure-win. Hmmm, ok, we'll see how well that works out. However, there's still the issue that Hillary _IS_ Obama Part III. So that means "more of the same" The people want change.

Hillary == Obama Part III.
    Same =/= Change.
    Bush II =/= Trump.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 26, 2016 ---
    Well, well, well, who didn't see this coming?

Here we go folks, mark it down... A Dem clinging to BLAME!

Like I've said before, that's all Dems have is excuses and blame. <-- No Really, go back and check the record.

Same thing as ObamaCare, excuses and blame.

Predictable like a swiss watch.
    <and now for my next trick... watch me predict their next move, nothing up my sleeve (it's all between the ears)>

They'll continue with a combo of deny and blame and some will start to move to a "yea but you don't have any better ideas" and "you did nothing to help make it work, it would have worked if you had only helped us".

The ONE thing that won't happen is to admit that their plan wasn't going to work no matter what. <-That means denial

12. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Oh no Hillary doesn't have a chance. She's doomed. Just stay home in November because Trump won't even need your vote. It's that bad. "Believe me". ;)

13. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

George W. Bush raped the economy during his last 6 months in office. Obama will do the same thing, but I'm sure it will be worse.

14. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

No I'm not. I never said it was a sure win. That's my point. Both parties screwed up. Hillary is awful, anyone running against her should be a sure win. And vice versa, but both people managed to pick the two worst candidates who, besides their base voters, pretty much make the rest, the ones who count, sick.

15. 1458279 thread starter Suspended

Hard to argue against that, sign of the times. Very divided nation.

16. citizenzen macrumors 65816

And you're doing a great job of widening the divide with your hyperbolic and utterly partisan posts and threads.

17. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

No...he's really not doing a good job at all. A good job at embarrassing himself maybe. :D

18. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

See I don't totally believe that either. The news networks and both parties want us to buy that but most people are hardliners for either party. They lean this way on one issue, the other way on a different one. If either party put up
    Someone who wasn't so polarizing, I think those in the middle who pick that party.

19. 1458279 thread starter Suspended

The truth is the truth. We are where we are. Ignoring where we are and how we got here is the wrong direction. The correct direction is to analyze the problem, find a solution and move in the correct direction. Just like debugging a computer program, don't blame the computer, don't blame the program, blame the people that wrote the program, fix the program so that it works properly and move on.

20. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Oh. So you know the truth?

I don't think you do.

I think you're focusing on minority extremes, which makes it look like the nation divided, because it suits your agenda to revel in the divisiveness.

21. 1458279 thread starter Suspended

You're saying it's more the media that's trying to make us divided or show us as divided and we really aren't that divided. I can see that too, but that doesn't change the polices the government forces upon us, those can be the divided ones and that's what we have to live with. Economic and healthcare effects most people's lives.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 26, 2016 ---
    What evidence do you have that I don't know the truth? Simply slapping an "extreme" label on something you think is extreme, even if it is, doesn't mean it's not the truth.

Other than "label slapping" what evidence do you have that what I say isn't true?

22. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Right after he takes your guns, forces you onto the FEMA camps, enslaves you to build the NAFTA Superhighway, and takes all your golfs with Agenda 21.

23. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I have a deep and abiding suspicion about anybody claiming to know the truth.

In my experience, they are invariably delusional, mistaken, insane, or con men.

24. 1458279 thread starter Suspended

Can we fast forward to the part where you show some evidence?

25. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Of a personal opinion? Sorry, I can only offer my doubts about your grandiose claim.

(A claim which, btw, came with no evidence)