Even more "Fair and Balanced" reporting from Faux News

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by yg17, Oct 25, 2008.

1. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Check out their electoral map, and then compare it to any other network's, pollster's, or blogger's electoral map:

[​IMG]

They'll say anything to spin this in McCain's favor...Oregon? OREGON? Since when was Oregon a freakin' battleground state? McCain has never led, or even been close, in a single poll in Oregon. Same case with Iowa.

These people are delusional

2. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    karl rove calls it quite differently...

edit...actually karl calls montana a toss up now and has it 317 to 157 in obama's favor.

Attached Files:

3. jplan2008 macrumors regular

At least they didn't call Illinois a toss-up.

4. Aea macrumors 6502a

Aea

It's a projection, that is, after adjusting for voting machine error, caging, uncounted votes, and technical issues.*

* Tongue Planted Firmly in Cheek

5. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

Rove has it a little more correct. Ever since Obama was the dem's nominee MN has been considered blue, even with the RNC.

6. Cleverboy macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

Pocket Universe, nth Dimensional Complex Manifold
    No... that's the electrol map from the O'Reilly factor. You should be saying that its 100% spin. Ain't nuthin' "no-spin" about that map.
    Clearly they liked Rove better in September. Now, he's simply depressing.
    http://www.foxnews.com/video-search/m/20961916/rove_s_electoral_map.htm?pageid=23140&seek=21.509

Here's the official Fox News electoral maps. [EDIT: The map is only for votes, not poll projections. My bad.]
    http://elections.foxnews.com/tracker.html
    http://elections.foxnews.com/states_map/index.html

~ CB

7. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Something is seriously wrong with your channel wen Rove is doing better reporting....

8. jplan2008 macrumors regular

Looks like those are to follow the race election night.

9. Cleverboy macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

Pocket Universe, nth Dimensional Complex Manifold
    Yep, on my way back to update my post after I noticed it. Seems a little silly to me, because its been like that for a while. Should be a message that says "results available starting on Election Day".

~ CB

10. Aea macrumors 6502a

Aea

A tangent but I'd follow http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/; I haven't personally checked up on the methodologies, but this is run by a statistician who discusses methodology thoroughly.

11. jplan2008 macrumors regular

I thought it was amusing that fivethirtyeight.com was talking about the different longshots for Obama surpassing 400 electoral votes, and mentioned him winning Arizona. (he's not saying that's the way it looks, or coloring Arizona blue, though, and it would mean several "lean McCain states also going for Obama). That would be a fitting end to this campaign for McCain.

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/

"Obama, at least, does not look to be competitive in South Dakota or Arkansas. It will be very difficult for Obama to win more than about 397 electoral votes, which is where he'd end up if he wins all the states where we currently have him favored, plus North Dakota, Montana, Georgia, and Nebraska's 2nd Congressional District. Obama would have to win West Virginia to break the 400 barrier, and I don't see that happening; the other long shot is Arizona, which hasn't been polled in some time."

12. Anuba macrumors 68040

Anuba

What happened to the donkey? That looks more like a starved mule with oversized ears. How subtle.

13. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Precisely the word that came to my mind. I don't even categorize this as spin. Spin is supposed to try to influence somebody. Who in their right mind is going to believe that EV map? Nobody. Therefore, like you said: delusional.

14. yg17 thread starter macrumors G5

yg17

What they're probably trying to do is get all of the morons who watch Fox as their one and only source of news to believe McCain is ahead, so once Obama kicks his ass, they can push the meme that the Democrats and ACORN stole the election.

15. aethelbert macrumors 601

Maybe they should just make all of the states grey. Otherwise, it's not completely neutral. But then someone out there would still be crying anyway.

16. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

You'll notice even the grey is a warm grey. It's closer to red that it is blue. :p

17. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

If you actually go to the link you'll notice that you can click the state once to change it to McCain or twice to change it to Obama.

So you can be as "delusional" as you'd like to be when it comes to the electoral map. :)

OMG! FAX NOOS PREDIKS LANSLYDE FER OBOMBER!!

[​IMG]

Really you should consolidate the all the faux news complaints to one mega thread.

18. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Christ I lol'd so hard.

19. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Better: it could be a Sticky. :D