Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DoubleFlyaway

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 16, 2017
Have any of you experienced this? This happened to me a few weeks ago, and then it stopped, and now it has started again. I’m finding that as soon as I’m done with appointments, they are disappearing out of my calendar. Like right now, all of the iCloud appointments from earlier today are gone. The two appointments that are in my iCal through a sync with Acuity are still there, presumably because they are still in my Acuity calendar.

The only thing I can think of that would make this all of the sudden start happening again is that a few weeks ago I was trying out Fantastical on my phone/watch, then I got out of the habit and was just using iCal. Then yesterday I bought Fantastical for iPad and have just started using it again. Is Fantastical doing this? It’s not like it was deleted from my phone in the meantime... I just wasn’t actively using it.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Have any of you experienced this? This happened to me a few weeks ago, and then it stopped, and now it has started again. I’m finding that as soon as I’m done with appointments, they are disappearing out of my calendar. Like right now, all of the iCloud appointments from earlier today are gone. The two appointments that are in my iCal through a sync with Acuity are still there, presumably because they are still in my Acuity calendar.

The only thing I can think of that would make this all of the sudden start happening again is that a few weeks ago I was trying out Fantastical on my phone/watch, then I got out of the habit and was just using iCal. Then yesterday I bought Fantastical for iPad and have just started using it again. Is Fantastical doing this? It’s not like it was deleted from my phone in the meantime... I just wasn’t actively using it.

iPhone/iOS .... Settings > Calendar >
Default Calendar: Home (your iCloud Calendar) or is your main Calendar a 3rd party such as Google?

Sync:
What are you set to here?
I'm set to 1 month back. You could try that or to All Events (which keeps them indefinitely on the iPhone).
Recurring Appointments/Meetings (Events if you will) should remain - the upcoming ones unless indefinitely is set.

iPhone/iOS .... Settings > Privacy > Calendars:
Acuity
Fantastical
^ are these still there?
try removing Fantastical as well if you no longer use it ... IF the above doesn't work.

Logon to your Calendar source and your calendar should be there as well.

DoubleFlyaway

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 16, 2017
So, Acuity isn’t there... I think whatever they do is done through their own site. It’s set to six months back. That’s something I messed around with the first time I had this problem.

Thanks for your help!

Reactions: DeepIn2U

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
I once had a similar problem with contacts. I have iCloud contacts and Outlook contacts (from work). My settings were accidentally set to create Outlook contacts by default, but I didn't have the Outlook contacts displayed. So every time I created a contact it seemed to disappear. Could your problem be similar?

DoubleFlyaway

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 16, 2017
I don't know the thing is that the acuity appointments are staying put. It's the icloud ingress that are disappearing.
[doublepost=1511972364][/doublepost]Interestingly, my last appointment from last night is still there, as is my one that ended twenty minutes ago. So we'll see.

mk313

macrumors 68000
Feb 6, 2012
So, Acuity isn’t there... I think whatever they do is done through their own site. It’s set to six months back. That’s something I messed around with the first time I had this problem.

Thanks for your help!
You might also want to check that it’s set to 6 months on all your devices, including your Mac. I had a similar issue with trashed messages. One of my devices was set to delete quickly (I forget exactly, but it might have been every day). Even though my other devices had longer periods set, the shortest delete period took effect on all machines.

Reactions: DoubleFlyaway

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I once had a similar problem with contacts. I have iCloud contacts and Outlook contacts (from work). My settings were accidentally set to create Outlook contacts by default, but I didn't have the Outlook contacts displayed. So every time I created a contact it seemed to disappear. Could your problem be similar?

Contacts with work is a completely separate issue. If your work is using Exchange then the default contacts should’ve been set to iCloud or exchange. There is a toggle within Contacts to show either or all contacts. Either way your issue involves Exchange or your employer and it’s Contacts not the Calendar so this may cause confusion for our OP.
[doublepost=1512068365][/doublepost]
I don't know the thing is that the acuity appointments are staying put. It's the icloud ingress that are disappearing.
[doublepost=1511972364][/doublepost]Interestingly, my last appointment from last night is still there, as is my one that ended twenty minutes ago. So we'll see.

I just had another thought.

Check the time zone for your phone is set to auto. Also check that Calendar in settings doesn’t have an override for time zone. Although this doesn’t affect appointments disappearing you want to ensure appointments are at the right time.

Do a few tests with “dummy” appointments for the evening as not toconflict with normal appointments. See if these sync in iCloud or your Mac if you have one. Just a precaution. Adjust the time of a dummy account online (iCloud) and see if the phone updates - it should within a minute or less.

Reactions: DoubleFlyaway
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.