Ever have trouble double tapping to zoom?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TH55, Apr 1, 2012.

1. TH55 macrumors 68030

I have this problem all of the time. I frequently have to triple or quadruple tap. Why is it so often unresponsive? Is there another function that double tapping serves? It would be pretty hard to accidentally zoom so that can't be the issue, they need to increase the sensitivity of it. It's a pain to have to switch hands when youre holding it in your main hand so you can pinch zoom. It's much easier to do it with your thumb when you are browsing one-handed, which is what most people do.

2. tekno macrumors 6502a

Yes. I often double tap to zoom in only for the phone to pause a little and then start loading a link.

Very annoying.

3. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

I don't have this issue.

If your opening up a link then obviously your not choosing an area well enough away from the link displayed on your screen.

4. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

So you have problems 'Double Tapping to zoom', deleting more than you wanted to while 'Holding the Backspace' and iOS not automatically adding the second quotation to the end of your sentence?

Shouldn't it automatically add the second quotation mark/parenthesis?
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1297289

5. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Only when the phone is in portrait mode. In landscape it zooms perfectly.

6. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

Lol..When I read this post I said this has got to be the same person with the backspace issue.

Relax dude. Be happy these are the only things you have to worry about.

7. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Yes I think they are unnecessary flaws that could easily be fixed on an otherwise brilliant device. It's the contrast to how well the rest of it is designed that makes these stand out