Ever heard of Wintek RAM? Reliable or not?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by macbookairman, Feb 3, 2010.

1. macbookairman macrumors 6502a

I'm looking to upgrade the RAM in my MacBook (Late 2007). Its got 1 GB currently (2x512MB). I want to buy a 2GB stick of RAM and take one 512 out. My MacBook has always been a bit slow, but its gotten pretty bad lately. I've looked in Activity Monitor while running my usual applications (Mail, Chrome, NetNewsWire, iChat) and I do need more RAM. I like to do a lot of work with iMovie and iWeb, but its hard to do that now as it always hangs...so I looked around online for some RAM.

I've looked at Crucial RAM, but I was hoping maybe I could save a few dollars and get this RAM through Newegg. Its "WINTEC AMPO 2GB 200-Pin DDR2 SO-DIMM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) Laptop Memory".

Has anybody heard of or installed WINTEC RAM? The reviews on Newegg looked good, but I didn't see anybody mention using it in a mac. I would like to save money by purchasing the Wintek RAM but if it isn't going to last longer than 1 year or if its got bad performance than obviously I'd go for the Crucial RAM.

Thanks!

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

3. macbookairman thread starter macrumors 6502a

thanks! i'll probably go for that then. I had searched amazon but must have missed that. again, thanks! :apple:

4. Kim Philby macrumors newbie

Crucial and Wintec are not Apple approved RAM. Be careful if you ever have to send it in for repair.