Ever since I installed SL, I system has been running out of RAM?!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by vader1990, Oct 21, 2009.

1. vader1990 macrumors regular

So, I recently installed SL on my umbp, 2.4GHz, 2GB ram, etc. And for some reason, my system has been constantly been running slow due to not enough RAM? Like, my usage has been the same as it was when I had 10.5.8. Granted, I have MS word, powerpoint, safari w/ 4 tabs, and eclipse open all at once. or sometimes, safari with 4 tabs, word, and itunes playing [+mail and iChat], but I had the same usage with 10.5.8!!

The point being it shouldn't become this slow, the Activity monitor says I have like 20 MB's of ram left after all that, like what gives?

Also I'm running safari in 32 bit mode, so I can use multiclutch? Is this a problem?

Also my system has been running a definitive 7˚C-10˚C hotter....

I'm running 10.6.1 with the new performance update....

Any help would be appreciated!

2. macbook yes macrumors 6502

i have the same problem with the ram, but i havent noticed any change in temperature.

3. kryptonianjorel macrumors 6502

There was a thread a while back about someone who also had this problem (sans heat). Try searching for that.

As for the heat, you sure you don't have the 9600 on?

4. celticpride678

According to rumors, the 10.6.2 update should be coming soon. This update should fix a LOT of the issues people are having. Before anything more, I would wait for 10.6.2 and see if that helps it.