Ever think this could be the next iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MACis122, Aug 20, 2012.

1. MACis122, Aug 20, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2012

MACis122 macrumors regular

[​IMG]
    vs
    [​IMG]

From all the parts leak and the similarities to the iPod line ie. headphone jack at the bottom and placement of the front camera it is a possibility that it very well could be. increased size for more storage 128GB with minimal increase in battery size. The earpiece does throw this off but maybe just maybe they will offer data plans for apps like skype and others. I know its a long shot but if apple is trying to throw us off this could be it

2. LeandrodaFL macrumors 6502a

LeandrodaFL

3. Southernboyj macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

Notice it still has the 30 pin dock connector too.

4. batting1000 macrumors 604

5. MACis122 thread starter macrumors regular

I'm not posting that as the new model idiot. I'm simply saying look at the current iPod touch in relation to the leaks that are out.

6. applefanDrew macrumors 65816

Yea the iPod Touch always follows the iPhone. It will look and have similar specs as the new phone. Why create a thread about it. We all know this will happen.

7. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

I doubt the iPod touch would have the seams for the antennas if the leaks are to be an iPod touch. I also think iPod touches don't tend to say iPhone on the back.

8. MACis122 thread starter macrumors regular

If the new iPod has data plans a rumour that has been brought up before. also with the branding on the back your right but it could be a way of apple tricking us. I'm not saying this is the next iPod touch but with both coming around september and no part leaks mentioning the iPod touch, this is a possibility. I'm not gonna hold my breath on this being the next iPhone that's all I'm saying though it very well could be

9. lazard macrumors 65816

iPod with data plan = iPhone

10. batting1000 macrumors 604

Yep, except the back plates say iPhone. It's a good thought though.

11. irDigital0l Guest

No.

12. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

I wouldn't think the next iPod touch would have a data plan. I feel it would severely cannibalize iPhone sales, especially if it enters the market at < $400. It would certainly be cheaper for most to pay a data plan on a touch (assuming plans are similar to that of the iPad) and have an inexpensive dumb phone on the side. This would be less convenient than an all in one device, but I think not by much.