Every Apple Watch band Apple released. Ever.

How many Apple Watch bands do you own? OEM only.

• One band only.

Votes: 262 17.5%
  • 2/4

Votes: 575 38.4%
  • 5/8

Votes: 307 20.5%
  • 9/12

Votes: 100 6.7%
  • 12/15

Votes: 57 3.8%
  • 16/20

Votes: 45 3.0%
  • more than 20

Votes: 152 10.1%

• Total voters

athousandbands

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2019
CA
With the new family feature, I’m passing my series 5 nike down to my daughter. I’ve wanted her to have a watch instead of a phone, which she is too young to keep track of, and now she can! This is a good excuse to get a series 6. I ordered silver SS with pink woven solo loop. Ships in 5 to 6 weeks!
AOD from the start is true parental love 🥰

mikedop

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
9. 4th grade!
Nice! Was just curious, and now I know that a 9 year old has a better watch than me. So that’s fun!
- - Post merged: - -

And I guess I was wrong, but looking for official pics I happened to spot that Apple’s UK website still has medium Cornflower LL in stock.
Yeah, I’ve never seen the loop part on the bottom... have you been wearing it wrong?

Reactions: CodeRaven and twanj

FenC

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2016
Wellington, New Zealand
Actually I haven’t, but I checked Apple to see how they suggest wearing the Sport Loop and the Milanese (though the one I lucked into is a decent fake), and I thought I had been wearing the loop wrong - which kinda makes sense as the general rule seems to be that the end the loop passes through goes at the bottom of the Watch. With the Leather Loop that isn’t how it goes though - which is what I have been doing since 2015, not that I have worn them much as I’ve only come to like them recently.

Reactions: CodeRaven

Hallstar

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2011
If you ’create your own style’ and upon receipt decide that the strap isn’t for you, can you return the strap alone and swap out for a different choice? Online and in-store?

Dino F

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
Post-event thoughts (watch band related!):

• Quite an overwhelming dump of new bands, the new Sport Loops definitely the pick of the bunch for me. Sport Bands are pretty dull, and would like at least one Solo Loop but not before trying on the sizes and don’t fancy that at the moment with Covid.
  • Blue and Red watches were somewhat unexpected (the latter more so). I don’t think they look great with any bands other than blue/red. Probably not ones for people with massive band collections. Red is my favourite colour but not sure I’d even wear the red watch, it’s a bit in your face!
  • Solo Loops have an asterisked disclaimer: Strap may increase in length over time. Not sure if they will have great longevity...
  • £99 for the braided solo loop?!
  • Ceramic is no more. Again. :(
  • Not a fan of leather bands but the Leather Link is 40 and 44mm which hopefully pleases some people!
Will probably be sticking to my Series 4 watch, maybe pick up a band for Christmas. Apple Watch SE might be on the list for my mum and girlfriend though!

....100% agree with your post here.

I also have the Series 4 watch - I compared even the S6 vs my S4 and there are barely any differences other than the blood oxygen feature and the always on display of the S6 (ok, the S6 also has a better chip but probably not noticeable day to day).

Definitely not enough reasons to upgrade....

jwlbel

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2012
I still want a few more bands, but I need to give my credit card a little rest.

I ordered 4 of the new braided loops. I wasn't sure what size I find most comfortable. Since I can't try them on in the store. I ordered them in different sizes. I will try them on and then exchange for whatever size I prefer the most. I'm also getting all 3 Nike sports bands along with a SG and silver Nike S6 watch.

IMG_9134.jpg

Clarke_G

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2020
the cost of the Solo Sport Band is a smartass move: no stainless steel pin, no holes, no double size S/M and M/L, but same price as the Sport Band. Plus: it loosens over time!
The Solo Loop cost as much as the Milanese Loop!
I don't see how they're gonna be a hit...and yet, I expect nothing less 😆

Reactions: Nimbus134 and twanj

PurBle

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2020
That Numerals face screams “I just woke up from a really weird dream where Apple forgot to add the pins in their band and just called it a new band” and I really can’t put my finger on why that is.

The blue watch with a blue woven solo loop thing with that face is just unsettling and I don’t know why. I feel uneasy looking at it.
View attachment 953595
It’s uncanny. Please remove it from existence.
lol it has a very Alice in Wonderland feel. I’m not sure I like it either.

MostlyARMless

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2020
Bristol, UK
Yeah.

Obsidian Mist
View attachment 953671

“Magnet”
(Left one)
View attachment 953672
The thing with 'Magnet' is that the inside isn't as black as other /Black Nikes, although I suppose it could be an optical illusion. Also, the black pin is now a differentiator 😜.

I am taking one for the team and have ordered the Obsidian Mist. Will be here Friday - will post comparison pics.

twanj

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2015
Pompano Beach, FL
I mean, honestly, I do actually like this. And I have a feeling it’ll look better in person

I’ve always wanted a leather loop (style) band for the 40mm Watch and Apple finally gave it to us. I know not the exact same, but I still think close enough

View attachment 953659
Pretty sure I'll pick it up to try out. It looks interesting. I like the blue demo version @tuanlouis has!

I had it in my bag/cart but it was 3 weeks out so I figure I'll wait until the delivery is sooner or can see it in person.

Reactions: CodeRaven

nicho

macrumors 68040
Feb 15, 2008
Probably getting a S6... very tempted by the red, which I've always said I'd buy! My space grey S5 is fine for "swapping out" if I need something more understated and my aluminium S4 isn't going anywhere either (resale values suck, wife no longer uses iphone, mom showed no interest in the last apple watch she had and gave up on it after a month)...

All I want to know is how it would look with the SS milanese loop. Damn Apple for limiting the options to the product red ones (I'll probably go for the red sport loop, i didn't like the last one).

MacDevil7334

macrumors 65816
Oct 15, 2011
Austin TX
I think the solo bands will turn out to be better than we currently think. For people looking for an extremely minimalist look who don’t really resell bands I think they would work.
I think whoever pointed out that the smaller available sizes and lack of any buckle would make these bands great for children had a really good point. If I were going to take advantage of the new family watch features Apple announced and give a watch to a kid to keep in touch without a cell phone, I would want a band that was inexpensive, fit the kid’s wrist, and made it as hard as possible for the kid to accidentally lose the watch. These new solo loops are probably the best band for that task.

I still would never own one as an adult. Resale aside, I just don’t see the point of it over the more proven design and materials of the sport band.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.