Every since I changed my Apple ID password, my watch is acting weird

soundsystem00

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 15, 2016
It says on google to go to Settings > General > apple ID but that is not an option on my watch. Maybe since I upgraded the watch OS it is somewhere else. But now messages do not always send or sync, and the watch will not unlock my laptop anymore.

How to fix? Any ideas?

Shirasaki

macrumors G3
May 16, 2015
Unpair and erase your watch?
As of that setting, it merely allows you to check the Apple ID used on your watch. Apple Watch itself will always login to whatever Apple ID and/or iTunes Store ID you are using.
If one reset does not work, try again.

soundsystem00

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 15, 2016
Unpair and erase your watch?
As of that setting, it merely allows you to check the Apple ID used on your watch. Apple Watch itself will always login to whatever Apple ID and/or iTunes Store ID you are using.
If one reset does not work, try again.
Unpair and erase? Is there a way to make a back up? I have a lot of apps on my watch and reinstalling them sounds tedious. For that, I had rather just unlock the laptop with my finger print. haha! It is nice though to have the watch do it. Just feels neat.

Shirasaki

macrumors G3
May 16, 2015
Unpair and erase? Is there a way to make a back up? I have a lot of apps on my watch and reinstalling them sounds tedious. For that, I had rather just unlock the laptop with my finger print. haha! It is nice though to have the watch do it. Just feels neat.
When doing an unpair, the iOS will make a backup automatically.
Sadly I do not have a Mac with fingerprint sensor and I just cannot use 2FA. But that’s another story entirely.
Btw I unlock my mac using MacID (now Unlox), which works surprisingly well in High Sierra.

Significant1

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2014
It says on google to go to Settings > General > apple ID but that is not an option on my watch. Maybe since I upgraded the watch OS it is somewhere else. But now messages do not always send or sync, and the watch will not unlock my laptop anymore.

How to fix? Any ideas?
Try
Watch* > General > apple ID
* the App on your iPhone