Every time apple comes out with something new I want to buy buy buy.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by shujin, Oct 21, 2009.

1. shujin macrumors member

Jul 22, 2006
    It seems everytime I see a new mac or ipod I need to buy it. Am I the only one? When the new shuffle came out I bought it imediately. Now with the new Macbooks out I feel like I need to buy one, but I don't need it. I have an imac and a netbook (which I hardly use because of my iphone). I don't even really use my shuffle now since I recently got my iphone. Maybe it is just me or maybe I like spending money; but apple it real good at making me bust out the plastic and spend some cash.
  2. eawmp1 macrumors 601

Feb 19, 2008
    want does not equal need

The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. ;)
  3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

Aug 17, 2007
    I understand OP. I want a new iMac, but since my current one is less than 3 years old, I can't justify the expense right now.
  4. gilkisson macrumors 65816

Me: "Hi, my name is Mark, and I am a Macaholic."

Support Group, in chorus: "Hi, Mark."
  5. MICMAC247 macrumors regular

Jul 21, 2009
    Yeah they absolutely have that effect. I find myself wanting an iMac with a 27" screen despite purchasing a MBP back at the end of August. :)

After yesterday, I'm still looking to by the magic mouse, and maybe even the new aluminum remote which looks pretty sharp.

However, I keep telling myself the holidays are less than two months away :D
  6. brad.c macrumors 68020

Aug 23, 2004
    50.813669°, -2.474796°
    Replace any reference to Apple products with "shoes", and half the population will agree with you. ;)
  7. Theclamshell macrumors 68030

Mar 2, 2009
    my white macbook is 2 years old next month, aside form the graphics card it still runs great but im going to upgrade after seeing the new white macbook once i get the $ i wont buy the aluminum macbook pro but i think the white macbook looks so nice
  8. skye12 macrumors 65816

Nov 11, 2006
    Austin, Tx
    I'm with you. Actually thinking about piling the new iMac upon my existing balance on the ole CC.

But I justify it by not having that $80ish iphone bill each month. Figure I can buy a new computer every couple years on the "savings" of not having an expensive smart phone bill.
  9. MacKiddyWiddy macrumors 6502

Aug 18, 2009
    lol i think we have a fanboy [​IMG] i want a new imac toooooo :(
  10. Scott6666 macrumors 65816

Feb 2, 2008
    Spock says...

Didn't Spock address this issue in Amok Time (1967)?

SPOCK: (to Stonn) "After a time, you may find that having is not so
    pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical; but
    it is often true."
  11. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

Dec 29, 2006
    dallas, texas
    I inevitably know that after 20 minutes I will realize the new iMac does nothing that my MacBook Pro can't.
  12. theMaccer macrumors 6502a

Oct 7, 2006
    ur MBP does not have the new Apple smell as the iMac does.:D
  13. tomaltoct09 macrumors newbie

Oct 21, 2009

I also want to buy a new one imac but its too expensive. So I have

decided to wait until the price will affordable.
  14. rgarjr macrumors 603

Apr 2, 2009
    Southern California
  15. rgarjr macrumors 603

Apr 2, 2009
    Southern California
    I notice that the iMacs don't have that new smell that much as the lappies.
  16. papa deuce macrumors member

Mar 7, 2004
    I only own a mini as far as Apple computers.... but I bet I have had 7 or 8 iPods, maybe even 10... I am always buying a new one and passing along my old stuff to my wife and kids.

Heck, in my view at this very moment are 4 iPods.

And I "may" be buying an iMac tomorrow.

I was laid off in August from a $75,000 a year job. I am still unemployed... but back when I was employed, I bought whatever I wanted, when I wanted, and my wife never said a word.... Life sure sucks now. ;)

Now my wife is the main breadwinner in the family, and I own a small DJ business that allows for the OCCASIONAL splurge.
  17. rdowty macrumors 6502a

Oct 5, 2008
    Gotta hand it to Apple. When they come out with something new they usually do more than just bump the specs.
  18. queshy macrumors 68040

Apr 2, 2005
    I must say that I haven't seen this LITTLE complaining on MR after an update in years! :p

OP, it's not your fault. Apple has truly brilliant marketing!
  19. katyoshi macrumors 6502

Oct 11, 2009
    Honolulu, HI
    Same here. I got so into apple products, I bought all the apple products I own now. It all started with my ipod touch. Then it led to all the way to buying all apple peripherals to apple tv and mbp... Now i want a mac mini.
  20. rgarjr macrumors 603

Apr 2, 2009
    Southern California
    This explains why Apple makes Billions.
  21. ravenvii macrumors 604

Mar 17, 2004
    Melenkurion Skyweir
    Same here. I want the new iMacs bad! But my iMac is only a year old, so I gotta tell myself "oh no you ain't gonna!".
  22. Malsi macrumors regular

Apr 4, 2009
    St. Louis, MO

Prepare to be disappointed.:(
  23. Deppe macrumors member

May 20, 2009
    I feel the same way - I'm a student and I live in a small 13 m2 room, I have just sold my 13" MBP to get a 15", I have the 1.86 MBA with SSD, a Time Capsule, a iPhone, 2 iPod's and now I'm thinking "That 27" iMac would look real good in here" but I keep telling myself "You have 2 computers on 13 m2 you really don't need one more...idiot".
  24. iMav macrumors 6502

Jun 20, 2008
    Columbus, WI
    I do a ton of virtualization work and have been thinking about dumping my unibody Macbook for a MBP so I could get 8GB of ram (I find myself ram-constrained on a regular basis with only 4GB). But man, that 27" with quad-core CPU and 16GB of ram would really be nice. I wouldn't have the portability, but then would probably keep my Macbook and do all the heavy lifting with the iMac.

And, yes, I almost always have to fight the urge whenever new/better/faster Mac's come out. ;)
  25. Tommeh macrumors member

Jan 28, 2009
    This sounds so familiar, when there are new products I keep finding my self to find excuses to buy something new. Right now I'm making a backup of my 1.83 mini to replace it with a 2.53, it sucks. :eek: