Every time apple comes out with something new I want to buy buy buy.

shujin

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2006
It seems everytime I see a new mac or ipod I need to buy it. Am I the only one? When the new shuffle came out I bought it imediately. Now with the new Macbooks out I feel like I need to buy one, but I don't need it. I have an imac and a netbook (which I hardly use because of my iphone). I don't even really use my shuffle now since I recently got my iphone. Maybe it is just me or maybe I like spending money; but apple it real good at making me bust out the plastic and spend some cash.

eawmp1

macrumors 601
Feb 19, 2008
FL
want does not equal need

The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. ;)

ucfgrad93

macrumors P6
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
I understand OP. I want a new iMac, but since my current one is less than 3 years old, I can't justify the expense right now.

MICMAC247

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2009
It seems everytime I see a new mac or ipod I need to buy it. Am I the only one? When the new shuffle came out I bought it imediately. Now with the new Macbooks out I feel like I need to buy one, but I don't need it. I have an imac and a netbook (which I hardly use because of my iphone). I don't even really use my shuffle now since I recently got my iphone. Maybe it is just me or maybe I like spending money; but apple it real good at making me bust out the plastic and spend some cash.
Yeah they absolutely have that effect. I find myself wanting an iMac with a 27" screen despite purchasing a MBP back at the end of August. :)

After yesterday, I'm still looking to by the magic mouse, and maybe even the new aluminum remote which looks pretty sharp.

However, I keep telling myself the holidays are less than two months away :D

Theclamshell

macrumors 68030
Mar 2, 2009
my white macbook is 2 years old next month, aside form the graphics card it still runs great but im going to upgrade after seeing the new white macbook once i get the $ i wont buy the aluminum macbook pro but i think the white macbook looks so nice

skye12

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2006
Austin, Tx
I'm with you. Actually thinking about piling the new iMac upon my existing balance on the ole CC.

But I justify it by not having that $80ish iphone bill each month. Figure I can buy a new computer every couple years on the "savings" of not having an expensive smart phone bill.

Scott6666

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2008
Spock says...

want does not equal need
Didn't Spock address this issue in Amok Time (1967)?

SPOCK: (to Stonn) "After a time, you may find that having is not so
pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical; but
it is often true."

tomaltoct09

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2009
Hello,

I also want to buy a new one imac but its too expensive. So I have

decided to wait until the price will affordable.

papa deuce

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2004
I only own a mini as far as Apple computers.... but I bet I have had 7 or 8 iPods, maybe even 10... I am always buying a new one and passing along my old stuff to my wife and kids.

Heck, in my view at this very moment are 4 iPods.

And I "may" be buying an iMac tomorrow.

I was laid off in August from a $75,000 a year job. I am still unemployed... but back when I was employed, I bought whatever I wanted, when I wanted, and my wife never said a word.... Life sure sucks now. ;)

Now my wife is the main breadwinner in the family, and I own a small DJ business that allows for the OCCASIONAL splurge.

rdowty

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2008
Gotta hand it to Apple. When they come out with something new they usually do more than just bump the specs.

queshy

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2005
I must say that I haven't seen this LITTLE complaining on MR after an update in years! :p

OP, it's not your fault. Apple has truly brilliant marketing!

katyoshi

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2009
Honolulu, HI
Same here. I got so into apple products, I bought all the apple products I own now. It all started with my ipod touch. Then it led to all the way to buying all apple peripherals to apple tv and mbp... Now i want a mac mini.

Deppe

macrumors member
May 20, 2009
I feel the same way - I'm a student and I live in a small 13 m2 room, I have just sold my 13" MBP to get a 15", I have the 1.86 MBA with SSD, a Time Capsule, a iPhone, 2 iPod's and now I'm thinking "That 27" iMac would look real good in here" but I keep telling myself "You have 2 computers on 13 m2 you really don't need one more...idiot".

iMav

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2008
Columbus, WI
I do a ton of virtualization work and have been thinking about dumping my unibody Macbook for a MBP so I could get 8GB of ram (I find myself ram-constrained on a regular basis with only 4GB). But man, that 27" with quad-core CPU and 16GB of ram would really be nice. I wouldn't have the portability, but then would probably keep my Macbook and do all the heavy lifting with the iMac.

And, yes, I almost always have to fight the urge whenever new/better/faster Mac's come out. ;)

Tommeh

macrumors member
Jan 28, 2009
This sounds so familiar, when there are new products I keep finding my self to find excuses to buy something new. Right now I'm making a backup of my 1.83 mini to replace it with a 2.53, it sucks. :eek: