Everybody Post First Impressions!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zbarvian, Sep 21, 2012.

1. zbarvian macrumors 68010

As we are all receiving our new iPhone 5's, how about we all post some initial responses. I'll start.

The white is gorgeous
    It feels incredible
    The screen seems awkward at first
    Boy is it fast!

2. Dlanod macrumors 6502a

It is fast. But not that fast compared to my S3. But yes compared to a 4S it is.

3. dotme macrumors 6502a

Got black. Already used to the new screen size and I like it. No blemishes on the phone, and for what it's worth, the black on mine is NOT rubbing off. Threw a case on it anyway. Speed is good, overall I'm happy so far and I upgraded from a 4S

4. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

My first impression was of Rodney Dangerfield. It wasn't bad, but needed more exaggerated gestures.

5. xyion1 macrumors regular

Its fantastic. Phones are kind of just disappearing and becoming a screen, kind of like Tony Stark's phone in Iron Man 2.

For me call quality is leaps and bounds above my iPhone 4, AT&T LTE is smoking fast, and the ear pods are plenty useable for me to take to the gym. Overall, amazing upgrade from iPhone 4.

6. zbarvian thread starter macrumors 68010

Does anybody think it's too light/smooth? I feel like its gonna slip from my hand every time I take it out of my pocket.

7. law0915 macrumors member

Something is wiggling around inside the phone when I slightly shake the phone...It turns on, but I'm on the phone waiting for Apple right now.

8. tokiidokii macrumors regular

actually i think my old iphone 4 feels smoother... at least the metal band. i was always worried that i would drop my ip4 but this one feels like it won't slip out of my hand easily. that's just my first impression tho. i have to go to the apple store in a few to find a case or screen protector.

9. nfl46 macrumors 603

Honestly, when I first held it, I thought, this screen is long as heck. I kept think Magnum XL.

10. PTVMan macrumors 6502a

White/32GB/AT&T.

Preordered from Apple on 9/14, delivered today at 9:28a.

It's beautiful and it's perfect.

11. HowardSmith macrumors 6502a

Black/64gb/AT&T ordered from AT&T arrive at 8:57 am

No flaws and already in it slim case.

All wend perfect with iCloud restore. Had to call AT&T to active the cellular but only took a couple of minutes and LTE!

LTE is FAST!:p

12. Six8 macrumors 65816

Six8

So far the longer screen is useless with the apps I use

13. mojo pin macrumors regular

mojo pin

Love the way it looks (much more than I originally thought I would)
    Feels very good in my hand
    SO much faster than my HTC Incredible 2
    I love Siri
    Amazing Camera
    Excellent call quality

14. Frankied22 macrumors 68000

Frankied22

First off, the weight of this iPhone 5 really surprised me. Of course it is super thin now as well, but the weight is really what I noticed right away. Switching to white was a good choice because I had gotten sick of seeing a black rectangle every time I grabbed my phone for the past few years. Having a different color really spices things up. Luckily, I have no scuffs on my model. The speaker on this phone is way louder than my 4, and the new dock connector is way smaller when you see it in person. Coming from the iPhone 4, this thing is wicked fast and pretty much every aspect is a great upgrade. The camera speed and quality is brilliant. 4G speeds are lovely. the new A6 destroys everything I have thrown at it so far. I think one of the most surprising part of this upgrade are the new EarPods. They are miles better than the old earbuds. They are super comfortable and the sound is right up there with $100-140 in-ear headphones.

15. jvmxtra macrumors 65816

jvmxtra

They definitely know what they are doing. They know women power is crazy and they know women will dig this. I got this for my wife and playing w/ it.. hell even I want it now.. So elegant and longer screen does the job. Camera was always superb and will keep trying to see how different it is.

It's impossibly light compare to 4s. In fact, my 4s feels old and fat.
    It's not so much difference that I am dying for iphone 5. It's just that iphone 5 makes me really wanna ditch iphone 4s and get 5 .. lol

I know i dont make much sense.. I was at walmart for about 3 hours so..(while taking work conf call.. so ).. it's been hectic

----------

DEFinitely definitely about the weight.. It's crazy.

As overall apple fan, it's been a crazy and fun day.. You should cherish these moments(since we only get this once a year).

16. txflyfish macrumors member

Such quality and yet unsubstantial....reminds me of the alien foil material recovered from the roswell crash site

IT'S RIDICDICDICDICDICDICDICULOUSLY FAST. The Verge loaded before the enema could take effect

17. boltjames macrumors 68040

boltjames

18. soundtracker macrumors member

First Impressions

LOVE the lighter weight and slimmer feel! I for one am really glad the screen is the size it is, its just right. The white is beautiful, and so is the black (got two in the family). I think Apple did an amazing job on the sleekness and design, though I will definitely be putting an icarbons aluminum/white skin on it because the finish feels much more delicate than I expected. Looking forward to playing around with it more today :)

19. drb1992 macrumors 6502

drb1992

It's the camera lens. The iPhone 4S did this and I believe every iPhone before that did it as well. Is the shaking/wiggling coming from where the camera is located? If it is, you have nothing to fear because that is normal.

20. nrvna76 macrumors 6502a

I love it. It's noticeably lighter and thinner. And it's so fast, even on wifi it's still amazingly fast. Huge bump from my 4. No regrets getting the black either.

21. Sdahe macrumors 68000

Sdahe

The iphone 4S will now become the iPhone Mini... hahaha

22. Want300 macrumors 65816

Want300

^ This, I doubt. BUT, I am now a little more interested in them. Looking forward to trying them out when I get home from work. Which can't come soon enough

23. supervelous macrumors 6502

Pros
    -Love the look and feel
    -So thin, so light, has a premium design
    -Great camera (I came from an Iphone 4)
    -Earbuds much improved in both sound quality and comfort
    -Fast, LTE, bigger screen, as usual just works and works well

Cons
    -stock ios is a boring stale UI - been using an S3 lately, rows of squares is a snorefest - need jailbreak ASAP - widgets, quick settings access, more customization
    - want Google Maps back
    - few apps take advantage of the larger screen now, to be expected- will change

----------

$100 - $140 headphones, lol NO NO and NO

I recently owned Bose imei2 headphones, and those aren't even great for the $130 price range, and they easily outperformed these.

But they've gone from uncomfortable, horrible sounding headphones on par with $10 TJ Max pair, to being well worth the $29 price tag they command.

24. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

Screen doesn't look as clear as the 4 IMO and Bluetooth audio is a bit scratchy but love the phone. Everything else is perfect

25. alexmish macrumors newbie

It is sooooo light. Almost feels fragile, but in a good way. The front glass thinner, so it may look like plastic, not glass (especially because it is so light). Still playing, I guess it will be a while before I post any significant review.

Black 32GB