Everyday bags, man bags, messenger bags, backpacks, satchels, murses, purses ...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by entatlrg, Mar 21, 2010.

1. entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

I'm not a fan of carrying any kind of bag ... I'd prefer to carry only my wallet, phone and keys. For me that's not possible.

I have to carry a lot of 'stuff'. I need some kind of "everyday" bag to stop relying on pockets or using my over sized business bags.

I need to carry:
    Mac laptop
    iPhone
    Blackberry (business phone)
    Power Supply (on longer trips)
    Paper Notebook or notepad/moleskin
    Pen
    Wallet
    Keys
    External Hard Drive
    USB Stick
    Canon subcompact camera, SD 780

I'm CEO of a mid sized business and I work on the go, from my den, home office, cottage, coffee shop, patio etc, I'm rarely at my business office.

- Do you carry an every day bag?
    - What kind of bag?
    - What do you carry daily for your activities/work?

2. Ice Dragon macrumors 6502a

Ice Dragon

3. lcs101 macrumors regular

I always recommend Timbuk2 bags.

I use mine everyday. I keep my computer, a book or 2, a notepad, some pens/pencils and some other smaller stuff. I have the medium messenger bag, but there are other styles and sizes. It is one of the best purchases I have ever made. Completely worth the money and will last forever.

4. Raima macrumors 6502

I always try to carry as little as possible.

If I just need my notebook, I just carry it in it's own soft padded case.

If I need the power supply as well as needing to carry some other small items like magazines etc, I use a shoulder bag.

If I need to carry more stuff for whatever reason, I just use a backpack. This is also better on my back.

Keys, wallet, phone are always in my pockets.

5. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

I usually carry this assault pack around ...

Attached Files:

6. colourfastt macrumors 6502a

colourfastt

I use this as my everyday bag ... I have the larger back for my MBA and the smaller as a carry-all.

Attached Files:

7. JoeG4 macrumors 68030

JoeG4

Well, he's a CEO so he has the right to look.. european.. or something. :D

8. entatlrg thread starter macrumors 68040

entatlrg

actually something to go with my new wheels :D

Attached Files:

9. JoeG4 macrumors 68030

JoeG4

A mac using CEO driving.. a .... DOMESTIC?!

I'm calling Steve Jobs right away to rescind your Mac, and THE MAN to rescind your status as a CEO! You're supposed to drive a BMW like every other good little prole out there.. err..

hehe ;)

Go get something you can stand to carry. If you're going to be walking plenty, you may feel annoyed carrying a messenger bag since it'll be a strap on the side.

I find with a book and my laptop, I end up walking kinda clumsy with a messenger bag, then I go the backpack route.

I suppose a nice black and silver messenger bag will do the trick though.

10. ibizarocks macrumors regular

Well if you're the CEO it's all about your image and therefore there's only one bag to have. The Paul smith flight bag or mulberry bag. Bees knees!

11. agr5 macrumors member

If you don't want leather, this is a nice canvas bag from Ben Sherman. I just got one and it looks very professional and holds just enough without being huge.

BenSherman, USA

12. 6-0 Prolene macrumors 6502

13. Patriks7 macrumors 65816

Patriks7

Yeah it's all about your image. Good excuse to spend big money on a Mont Blanc or something like that bag. They're only around 1,000$ :p

Now, back to the people who wish to stay sane when buying a messenger bag.
    I personally have this bag:
    http://www.solocases.com/item.aspx?id=1787
    Functionality wise, it's perfect. I can fit in a lot of stuff, and I carry it around daily (I'm a student) with my MacBook Pro and some books and stuff like that.

I was really wanting to get this one:
    http://store.apple.com/us/product/T...fnode=MTY1NDA2Ng&mco=MTA4MjU1OTg&s=topSellers
    But they didn't have it at the time I was buying. They got them some time later, and I wish I could have gotten it. I think based on your needs this would be best for you.

When I was making my decision on a bag, I made a text document with a bunch of different brands/models and things like that, so I will try look for it and come back with more ideas.

14. JJ452 macrumors newbie

Here are to excellent ones:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/T...fnode=MTY1NDA2Ng&mco=MTA4MjU2MjU&s=topSellers

This one should have all the room you need and is good if you fly alot.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/T...fnode=MTY1NDA2Ng&mco=MTA4MjU1OTk&s=topSellers

This one is in a different style but can be used as a backpack if you are walking long distances. It's also waterproof but smaller than the above one.

When you said you are CEO it reminded me of the 'I'm on a mac' youtube video! Here's the link for the video if you interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8FnACj25xM

15. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Are you a sportscar-driving CEO who wants to look stylish, or are you a casual guy who just throw your **** in the bag and go?

Either get a nice brown leather messenger/shoulder bag, or get a waxed canvas bag. Both should look better, and cooler, with age.

16. Kavier macrumors 6502a

Kavier

17. sciolistse macrumors newbie

18. Kenzembo1 macrumors 6502

Just bought bought this one in the cognac (light brown) color!

The quality of their leather is really nice and for the price you really can't beat it...especially compared to a higher end designer like Coach, etc. I think this will last me for the foreseeable future and function great as both a casual 'everyday' bag, as well as make for a nice professional briefcase alternative for anything work or school related. The great thing about owning a nice quality leather bag is that over time the scuffs, marks and overall wear add to the character of the bag and give it a distinguished look :cool:

19. Kenzembo1 macrumors 6502

20. hippo206 macrumors 6502

I have to agree with this.

21. Izzybeff macrumors member

22. JoeG4 macrumors 68030

JoeG4

23. entatlrg thread starter macrumors 68040

entatlrg

DEFINITELY "a casual guy who just throw your **** in the bag and go?"

I'm low profile, carrying a black nylon backpack now but it's just too large, I end up carrying too much as a result.

I hate to say purse but I need something to empty my heavy pockets into along with room for a laptops, paper notebook etc.

It's hard to find that 'manly/cool' everyday bag...