Everyone Needs to Read The Stanford Rape Victim’s Powerful Letter to Her Attacker

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by aaronvan, Jun 6, 2016.

1. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Powerful words. Why didn't Bill Clinton's multiple victims receive the same outpouring of sympathy? I can't believe the judge issued such a lenient sentence. Of course, it's more punishment than Bill Clinton received. Imagine the sentence the judge would have issued if this punk was black. Wait, Bill Clinton was our first black president and he never spent a single night in jail.

Very perplexing.

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

And here I thought you were starting a thoughtful thread about an incredibly powerful letter. I should have known better.

3. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

Dodge and weave. Bill Clinton's rape accusations--and Hillary's attempts to smear and discredit his multiple accusers--will be a major campaign topic all the way until November. I understand why you'd prefer it all be swept under the rug; it's powerful, damaging stuff.

4. bent christian, Jun 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2016

bent christian Suspended

bent christian

No doubt, this woman would love the fact that she is being held up as a poster child for your own personal agenda.

Two words to her credit then....garbage.

The tone-deaf Republican campaign we have seen thus far doesn't stand a chance of winning in November. Every season the attempts to win a national election become more and more pathetic. More desperate with each cycle. I am alternately very amused and sickened to my stomach.

5. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

Agreed. But so?

6. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

You want justice. Nothing else. I understand that. You have No Agenda®.

I can see any rape victim, or any person genuinely sympathetic to victims of sexual violence applauding this thread.

Another fine post and nothing to be ashamed of. No pathological fixations to be found.

7. FieldingMellish Suspended

That victim got raped twice. Second time she got F'd by the judge.

8. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Typical agenda driven trash. Just a reminder that your party supported this piece of ****.

If it's a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down. - Todd Akin, (R), MO

9. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

I don't have a party.

Change the subject with a total non sequitur. Deflection is noted and recorded.

10. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Says the guy who makes a thread about a rape victim in California and then immediately changes the subject to whining about the Clintons yet again.

pot_kettle.jpg

11. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

Incorrect. Post #1 cleverly threads two narratives together to illustrate what you illustrated in post #11: when it comes to the rape accusations against Bill Clinton, Bill Clinton gets a pass because he's Bill Clinton. Since attacking Bill Clinton's alleged rape victims is not acceptable like it was in the 90s, the new tactic is to change the subject, throw up a straw man, or accuse the poster of "whining" about Clinton.

12. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

You didn't "cleverly" do anything. You created a sensationalized clickbait thread and exploited this girl's injustice to perpetuate your own biased vendetta against the Clintons. You should go work for Breitbart.

Until Bill Clinton is convicted of anything like this piece of **** from Stanford already has been, there is no valid comparison.

13. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

What has it to do with this injustice? Nothing but you had to thing Clinton in on it. Sad really the obsession. Hillary did not rape anyone we know of so it is really lame.

14. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Clinton Derangement Syndrome.

Luckily it's covered by Obamacare. :D

15. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

Bill Clinton's rape accusations can only be discussed if he is convicted of them first. Got it. I'm sure you'll give Bill Cosby and half the NFL the same courtesy.

16. smacrumon Suspended

smacrumon

Maybe you needed to have reworded your thread title to something more closer to the content so readers knew what they were up for, such as:

"Powerful words. Why didn't Bill Clinton's multiple victims receive the same outpouring of sympathy?"

17. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Well one difference is that all of Bill Clinton's accusers did not proceed with criminal charges, some (IIRC) came up with some sort of settlement. As abhorrent as rape is I would hope you'd keep the subject on the lax punishment and not on decades old information to weakly link a partisan attack on the spouse of a candidate.

18. mildocjr macrumors 65816

And that kids is why you don't get falling over drunk, especially if you are a girl. I still think that the guy involved should have a more serious sentence. He's f'd up for thinking it was a good idea, gives other guys a bad name.

19. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Now you go into the straw man.

I didn't say you can't discuss them. I said you can't compare to someone who has been convicted. It's not even remotely the same thing.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 6, 2016 ---
    The piece of **** should be castrated and thrown in prison for 20 years.

20. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

That's awfully harsh to the OP, no?

21. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Probably. Perhaps we should just send him on a dinner date with Hillary Clinton. ;)

22. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

Now now we can't reduce the white breeding stock or we will be overrun by them immigrants.

23. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

guessing race is everything to you?

24. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

Right your totally clueless again.