Everyone who was a walk-in and got their iPhone POST IN HERE!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RealSkyDiver, Jun 24, 2010.

1. RealSkyDiver macrumors 6502

Name location, what number your where in line and how long you had to wait.

I was at Westfield, Century City, Los Angeles, #11 and waited from 9pm to 10am.
    What a crazy night but the experience and people I met where awesome:D we could just walk around the mall in the night and use the restrooms.
    Still cant believe that I actually got mine before many of the reserved line and after all these shortage rumors:eek:

2. iDabble macrumors regular

I got mine. Went to Stanford shopping center at 430 am when they weren't supposed to let people start lining up until 5. I was probably the 75th person in line, ended up walking out with my 16 gig by about 1030.

3. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I feel bad for the walk-in people.. the ratio of reserves to walk-ins getting the phone is shocking.

4. itsjared macrumors regular

itsjared

Nobody likes you right now.

5. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

I waited 18 hours for my iPhone 4, and at one point it was 50:1. I was like #75 in the non-reserve line. It was pretty terrible, but I got one and made $50 for letting a guy line hop. Good day.

7PM 6/23 to 1:15PM 6/24. There were about 1300 available walk-in iPhones at this Apple Store (University Park Village in Dallas), and the line (non-reserve) when I left was about 500-600 people, and moving very slowly. The reserve line was probably 300 but moving very quickly.

6. itsjared macrumors regular

itsjared

You did better there than we did up in Frisco, they were out of 32gb by 9:30. Well, at least for us "second class citizens" without reservations.

7. xmtgx macrumors regular

Me! First in line outside of the mall at my entrance to (the closest one).
    Unfortunetly they opened the doors but would not let us in till the other doors were opened. By that time over 100 people were in line. Friggin get there at 2am and still have to wait 12 hours because of retarded security guards....
    EDIT: My store had over 7500 phones they said. 80% were 32gb black.

8. AlxRymnd914 macrumors member

This. I was about 15th in the walk-in line and it took an hour for me to get into the store.

9. MarkCooz macrumors 6502a

Walked In
    Reston Apple Store.

#13th in the line. they took about a good 150 Reserved til i got in.

I was in line from 9PM of Yesterday and purchased and walked out the apple store at around 9 30AM

I'm pretty happy! :D
    I'm surprised that they have that many stocks...

going back there to pick up some iTunes giftcard for the iMovie!

10. grodgers macrumors member

Walk-in
    Bridgewater, NJ Store.

Arrived at mall at 6:30 a.m. Very long lines.

Received my 16GB 4G at 2:18 pm. Almost 8 hours, but i got one. I think they allowed 5 more walk-ins after me and their walk-in stock was depleted for the day.

They were trying to pull some stock from another NJ store, but it had not yet arrived when i was done.

11. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

You should come down to Knox st. Will drop by soon to check status.

12. samcraig macrumors P6

Went to the Radio Shack around the corner around 7am. Two people in line. Decided to wait. Was out of there by 9 (store started taking people around 8:30)

13. kman34 macrumors member

kman34

14. carlili4190 macrumors regular

I went to the Apple store in Oak Brook IL and I was #230 or so in line by 4:30 AM and I got a phone and many many many other people got them as well(ALL Walk-In's) They had a separate line for pre-orders which were getting filled as well.. I just got home though :eek:

15. fluffykittunzzz macrumors newbie

Showed up at about 430AM at U-Village in Seattle...was about #140-150 in line. Got my phone around 1230PM. Seemed like they still had lots left...though there were TONS of people picking up preorders as well

16. Armeniandave macrumors 6502

I was #160 or so.
    I decided to go in and buy a bumper
    so we could all look at it while we waited
    and while I was in there I told the Lady
    how AT&T screwed up my order big time.
    She said that sucked and flagged one of
    the sales people to get me a phone!
    I was shocked!! I got the phone and headed
    out and the line hadn't even moved!
    I probably would have been there another
    3-4 hours at least!

I got extremely lucky and don't think that will
    happen again.

17. 451767 Suspended

Just signed up on this site as a few people around me in line were talking about it.

Walk in at University Park in Ft. Worth, TX. Was about ~100th or so in line, arrived at 3:20am. Left University Park at 1:20pm today with a 16gb iPhone 4 in my hand. Also got interviewed by an author for the local paper, and I presume there will be an article in the paper tomorrow somewhere about the event and possibly myself. Fun stuff.

The walk in line was -exceptionally- slow. As one person previously stated, it was 50:1 reserves to walk-ins at one point. But they started to realize we were also paying customers and evened out the flow of both lines to 5:5, and then the line started moving relatively quickly.

Oh, one of the users here, Wardc, was in line by me - he was so excited to be there and get an iPhone 4, but he gave up at around 9am and left for some unknown reason. Weak.

18. stellablue96 macrumors member

Walk-in
    Troy, Michigan - Somerset Store

Got to the Mall at 5am and the line was already SUPER long.

Received my 16GB 4G around noon. Not sure how many people behind me got a phone but it seemed like they were cutting it off around 75-100 people behind me (which is surprising because at the beginning of the day they were telling me I probably would not get one).

19. steph280 macrumors member

walk-ins don't despair!

So what do they do with all those reserved phones which people didn't show to pickup today?

Go check the store tomorrow...

20. mrtune macrumors 6502a

Went to Apple store in Oak Brook, IL. Lined up around 4:30 and was 125th in line. Walked out with my iPhone at 11:45am. I was a walk-in. My store was doing a 10:1 ratio of reservers to walk-ins. Made our line move real slow!

21. RealSkyDiver thread starter macrumors 6502

lol we actually booed the people in the reservation line when they where directed to the store and then we got booed when we where let to the store. It was funny but pissed some Apple employers off and they told us how they wanted to kick these people out.

22. Hyr macrumors member

Hyr

Apple Easton Town Center - Columbus Ohio

I arrived at 5am because we were told no lining up prior to 5. That was BS. I was probably 200-300 ppl back. Just got out of there at 4:30 so almost 12 hours in line. Ran out of 16s so I got a 32.