Everything Everywhere APN settings

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by antdawe, Sep 23, 2012.

1. antdawe macrumors regular

Does anybody know the APN settings for everything everywhere.

Apparently, there are apn settings that will enable you access to EE's DC-HSDPA network. Why these are not public i do not know.

Weather this is true or not i do not know

2. rmwebs macrumors 68040

You shouldn't really need to be entering them manually. At the moment the EE LTE network isnt running, so you'll be on T-Mobile or Orange's standard '3G' or equivalent network for now, which is automatically configured.

Unless you're in an EE trial area, you shouldn't be getting any form of EE network. It'll say EE but its actually just a T-Mobile or Orange signal.

3. antdawe thread starter macrumors regular

I understand this but I am not referring to LTE. I am referring to DC-HSDPA. I am not getting this at the moment. On my Galaxy S3 i recently sold to purchase the five I was getting 5-6 MBPS now I am getting the standard 3g but in a hsdpa area.

Ive been told but cant confirm EE have got seperate data apn settings to connect to.

4. ccwestcliff macrumors member

Have you tried the T-Mobile APN via unlockit.co.nz ?

5. rmwebs macrumors 68040

Ahh right sorry. Not sure then. I dont think anyone on a new iPhone will be able to help as iOS 6 seems to have removed the APN settings screen for some reason :confused:

6. paulkerdot macrumors member

All you need is the word everything. Nothing else required. The iphone 5 in the uk doesnt allow you to change it though. When you update to ios6 there should be a carrier setting update which puts the correct details in and makes the network display EE not orange or t-mobile.

Using this new apn has given me uncapped internet speeds as well. Did a speed test today and got 12 meg down and 4 up. This was when it was connected to t-mobile. You can tell under settings it still gives the carrier name it is actually using.