Everything is a game for Trump

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Rogifan, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

Case in point his latest Tweet which is just the photo below. Treating Iran sanctions like like a new season of Game of Thrones. And of course him as the center of everything. He’s the president of the United States acting like a celebrity promoting their new TV show or movie. Why do people like this?!? Someone please explain it to me.

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1058388700617498625?s=21
    [​IMG]

2. samcraig macrumors P6

3. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

I suspect a lot of us are weary of being the ball.

4. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

He's all but said it himself in the last week since he's ramped up his rhetoric ahead of the midterms. Why his base doesn't listen to him is amazing. Imagine going to a used car dealership from a guy who is notorious for selling lemon cars, and then paying him $30,000 for a used 20-year old Toyota Carolla that has a donut for one of its tires and no engine.

If that salesman were Trump, he could tell them the car was a Mercedes from the factory and they were getting the best deal ever. He'd say it with a straight face, pocket the cash, take the persons car as a trade-in, then keep both cars, while the buyer walked home on foot with no car, out $30,000.... then hit the polls and vote for him.

That whole shooting thing Trump mentioned, bragging how he could still get votes... I'm starting to believe it.

5. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

The problem is that you personally still can only bring yourself to abstain.

Honestly I think in this election you should vote Democratic, but stay a member of the Republican party - and in any primaries to vote for the most plausible sane Republican - and presuming they win then you should proudly vote for them in the general election.

6. Rogifan thread starter macrumors Core

Rogifan

No. I have a conscience.

7. samcraig macrumors P6

I posted about this already

Trump just tweeted a movie poster? Sanctions are Coming

8. webbuzz macrumors 68000

webbuzz

9. Solomani macrumors 68040

Solomani

You know nothing, Jon Snow Donald Trump!

10. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

What has the Republican Party as a whole done for the country recently? Botched hurricane relief efforts, unpaid tax cuts for the wealthy that wreck the economy, then want to cut “entitlements” - while bragging about how great the economy is, vilifying minorities. I’m pretty sure it was the Republican Party that elected and continues to support Trump. Losing popular votes and still getting into office thanks to centuries-old practices....

Your party is essentially dead. They’ve thrown Romney, McCain, and other moderate republicans like yourself under the bus. If you were to post on a conservative website, you’d be called a RINO traitor. That’s not an insult.. I wish the moderate Republican Party was still around. Checks and balances are key to compromise and getting work done.

11. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

It would have been a better depiction if he had been standing there naked. The disgusting thing from all sides is that in some dark spaces some few are impressed by this, while the world mutters OMG and averts their eyes.

12. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

The courts are already packed to continue making abortion as close to illegal and unobtainable as possible, so you've already done your pro-life duty.

Shift gears and vote against the rest of Trump and the GOP's godforsaken self-serving platform for well-endowed grifters.

You may be a one-note voter, as you have claimed elsewhere on these boards, but the Republican Party of Trump, Ryan and McConnell is definitely not a one-note operator. That iteration of the GOP have a whole playbook of stuff they're running for their own benefit under the radar, and a good lot of it was passed by the 115th Congress. The rest they'd like to run in the 116th. If they do that, it will take a hundred years for the country to recover. The hitch there is there's probably not a hundred years left on the country's calendar if they succeed. But they don't care. We should care and throw a blue House in their path to slow them down a little.

What good is it to remain a staunch "pro life voter" and on that single note continue support of the party currently helping keep Yemeni children assured of getting dead at a pretty good clip and making life as difficult as possible for kids with no choice in the matter who show up at our southern border, while dinging away at WIC or food stamps any which way they can for impoverished kids right here in the USA because.. let's see, because food stamps mean kids grow up dependent instead of building self-reliant muscle, or some such BS.

(No explanation how impoverished kid emerges from womb with a supply of Cheerios good enough to get him to K-4 free breakfasts but hey, god is in the details, big maybe).

I don't fault anyone voting one's conscience, whether that person is an ordinary voter or the voters' elected representative, as long as that exercise of conscience includes first taking blinders off for a look at exactly what that vote translates to in its entirety.

One-note voting on anything invites politicians to capitalize on that and raise hell with the rest of their activities in a self-serving manner, while playing those several one notes for us as if they're the original dance music of the Pied Piper.

13. eatrains macrumors 6502

Trump and the entire Republican party are such an embarrassment to the country.

14. JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

And cue the usual response from the business that the politician/party of business casually copped their intellectual property.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/11/02/hbo-comments-on-trumps-use-of-game-of-thrones-phrase-logo/

Gotta love the party that's all about businesses, constantly infringing on the works of persons or businesses.

15. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

As soon as you fully throw your support behind UKIP. “Sane Republican”, rofl.

16. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

There must be one.

17. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

If they were only embarrassing... but they're that and far more damaging as well. Their forte has been turning us against each other the whole time of Trump's ascendance.

18. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

No. There were, decades ago. They were driven out of the party. All gone, every last one. When the Tea-Shirts hooked up with them, any sane Republicans either left the party or left their minds. The very most moderate one remaining (whosoever that might be) persists in supporting insanity and thereby cedes any right to not be called an idiot, at best, or deplorable at worst. It is a party that George of Hanover and Saxe-Gotha would join because Edward told him they had his socks.

19. GermanSuplex, Nov 2, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2018

GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

I forgot the OP is strongly anti-abortion. I'm not against being anti-abortion. I myself am anti-abortion. But I'm also pro-choice. I'm also a man. It's funny, the simplest of phrases are what turned me off the conservative platform. When someone said "if you don't want an abortion, don't have one", it rang a chord with me.

That line of thinking has ran across multiple issues and I realized I was no longer a conservative. The party of small government is, oddly, the liberals who want to "police" everything. The reason they want to police everything is so older white evangelical males can't rule everything. It's an odd time we're living in.

On top of that, the republicans chose the worst possible candidate. Read what Cruz, Graham and others said bout him before sniffing his orange throne. They hated him. This wasn't a normal primary, they called him all sorts of things (mostly true), now they have their nose so far up his duff they can sniff what he had for breakfast. Real kiss-ass traitors to their party. Well, at least for Graham, Cruz was always a fringe loser on the wrong side of history.

Trump doesn't care about any of these issues. He's testing his base. Not his enemies. He admitted when he lies and incites violence, his republican base loves him more. So he will keep lying harder, more and more extreme. Liberals saw through his crap a decade ago. When will conservatives vote for a real conservative? Trump would be pro-choice and atheist tomorrow if he thought he could make a quarter-mil off the deal. I can't believe people don't see this.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 2, 2018 ---
    I'm thinking... at what point do you stop blaming the candidate and blame the voter? When someone tells you that you like him more if he lies, and says he won't tone down his rhetoric because 'you' (his voters) "like him more"... can you blame the other side? Trump is almost at the point where he has admitted everything the left has admitted about him, and his supporters hang on. He's told his base that you like him more if he lies. He said that about YOU. Not his haters, not his doubters, not his detractors. He said his voters like him more when he lies.

What does that say?

20. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

21. Illuminated macrumors 6502a

Illuminated

God this president is a complete dumbass.

22. Rogifan thread starter macrumors Core

Rogifan

Let me be clear while I am single-issue in the case of abortion my politics are conservative, not liberal. I think low taxes and less regulation are good things. I’m pro-2nd amendment. I’m pro moving more power back to states/localities. I’m against government takeover of healthcare. I think the whole green movement for the most part is nonsense. I think the Supreme Court’s decisions on Obamacare and gay marriage were wrongly decided. People assume if someone is #NeverTrump that means they should be a Democrat/liberal. But I’m #NeverTrump mostly because I can’t stand him. And because of certain policies where I don’t agree with him like trade, immigration and nationalism. Unfortunately the national media only cares about #NeverTrumpers who have decided to become liberals (Ana Navarro, Jen Rubin, Tom Nichols, Max Boot etc.). That’s not me. And I think those people are frauds.

23. vrDrew macrumors 65816

I see a real contradiction here. One that lies at the heart of conservatism.

How can one possibly be against "government takeover of healthcare" - while simultaneously insisting that the Government interfere in one of the most personal, and consequential health care decisions anyone ever has to make? The decision of when, and if, a woman has a baby?

And, in the case of abortion, conservatives around the country have resorted to so-called TRAP ("targeted regulation of abortion providers") laws that set all sorts of burdensome regulations (width of hallways, admitting privileges at hospitals, etc.) on clinics. Regulations that have no medical justification. Is that not far more of a "government takeover of healthcare" than anything contained in the Affordable Care Act?

That's not the only such contradiction. You can't have a massive military, little or no tax, and a balanced budget. You can't be for personal liberty while telling a not-insignificant portion of the population they cannot marry the person they love.

But abortion is a contradiction that I've never had explained to any level of satisfaction.

24. Eraserhead, Nov 3, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2018

Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Republicans haven’t supported less regulation, low taxes or handing power back to local communities either.

Guns I agree - but the urban rural divide is important and healthcare i agree (although the current US healthcare model is bankrupt) and gay marriage I agree - although @vrDrew is right about personal liberty.

I’m not sure what you mean by the green movement being a fraud. Mostly it is about efficiency which is good.

25. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

To be fair in other areas the Democratic Party is just as bad and it’s just as ridiculous.