Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RamGuy

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2011
Norway
It's just insulting to add "re-arrange" option to 3D-Touch/Long-press and still not offer a way to sort alphabetically. Like come on? After all these years I still have to keep dragging all these icons around in order to get them sorted alphabetically...

macmeier

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2019
They improved the reminder app for the german language. Now the parsing for time and date works. Maybe this works for other languages, too. In the reminder app was also a bug when rearranging items. In beta 3 you were just able to rearrange an item once. Then it blocked. They fixed it in beta 4. Overall, this seems to be a pretty stable and fast one.

Ianblackburn

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2011
I’m having lots of issues with beta 4 on iPad Pro 10.5 - reboots, slow scrolling, and Safari just starts with a black screen that I can’t get passed (tried all sorts of things) so have had to revert to other browsers.

jdmachogg

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2008
Mount Maunganui, New Zealand
So is it stable enough that will not kill my iPhone 8 Plus?
It's the only device I could use as my dev test device, but I don't want to be left without a working phone.

Been using iOS 13 since day 1 on my iPhone 8. It's a significant improvement over iOS 12 performance wise. The only issue I have had is the odd crash and one app doesn't work yet. Everything else is great. Go for it.

GaryMumford

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2008
UK
Don’t be. It’s just that iMessage hasn’t caught on in Asia where everyone is on WhatsApp anyways. It’s just that this option will largely go unutilised by me. Shame, but life goes on.
So there is You, and the US! That's it... what happened to the rest of the world?? Where has Europe gone? If anyone finds it please let me know as I need to go home, but please don't iMessage me because no-one outside the US uses it... apparently! :rolleyes:

Jynto

macrumors 6502
Jan 16, 2012
Nottingham, UK
Having the 'Rearrange Apps' buried in a context menu is a huge improvement! Makes it so much less likely for the phone to accidentally delete apps when it's in my pocket (happened to me twice, which is IMO twice too many).

Reactions: orbital~debris

madgick

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2008
I'm mostly looking forward to pairing 2 sets of AirPods to a single device. It'll be really neat listening to the same playlist with my partner on a plane, or watching something together

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Having the 'Rearrange Apps' buried in a context menu is a huge improvement! Makes it so much less likely for the phone to accidentally delete apps when it's in my pocket (happened to me twice, which is IMO twice too many).

The old method still triggers rearrange. It may be removed once people learn the new method.

JCandle

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2016
So is it stable enough that will not kill my iPhone 8 Plus?
It's the only device I could use as my dev test device, but I don't want to be left without a working phone.

I’m on the public beta for my main phone and it works fine. I had moved my wife over to the PB but it was too glitchy for her and moved her back after a week.

SlasherKG

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2010
- Voice Messages - When using the option in Messages to record a voice-based message, there's a new icon for the option. It's now a waveform rather than a microphone icon.

messageswaveform.jpg

Not gonna lie, this is a small change that I am happy for.
While it didn't happen all the time, I know I've caught myself hitting the voice message button on accident when I meant to hit the dictation button just because they were both similar microphone icons.

Reactions: mastercheif91

andyorkney

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2010
it’s been stable enough to use since beta 2 lol
Wish it had been for me, was beta testing a couple of apps with developers in ios13 but at the moment the OS was too unstable on Xs max that I’ve had to revert to ios12. The watch app in ios13 struggled to upload apps to the watch, and couldn’t set 3rd party complications (can do on the watch tho). Calls all going to voicemail. Had FaceID stop working after a bootloop. So it’s a mixed experience. I’ll give it another go soon, but in meantime testing functionality of apps in beta via ios12 so that we can see where the current issues might be, ios13 public beta 2 was just too unstable to identify if the bug was the OS or the app

justinhill

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2016
Bay Area
It's also unpopular where cellular services are expensive and SMS messages are metered. If you have an iPhone and your friends do not, they aren't going to be happy to receive an SMS from you via iMessage.

So it's expected of Apple to design it the way they do, but it's certainly not the same tech culture in every corner of the globe.

Don’t be. It’s just that iMessage hasn’t caught on in Asia where everyone is on WhatsApp anyways. It’s just that this option will largely go unutilised by me. Shame, but life goes on.

So there is You, and the US! That's it... what happened to the rest of the world?? Where has Europe gone? If anyone finds it please let me know as I need to go home, but please don't iMessage me because no-one outside the US uses it... apparently! :rolleyes:

This section can be populated by other apps and the items in it are ranked by their frequency of use, so if you only share to a contact in an app that has updated to support the new sheet, your "top contacts" section will pretty quickly be filled with contacts from that app. The problem is that third-party developers aren't allowed to ship apps linked against the iOS 13 SDK yet, so none of the new features have been adopted by them. This situation will improve dramatically in September.

calstanford

Suspended
Nov 25, 2014
Hong Kong
I’m having lots of issues with beta 4 on iPad Pro 10.5 - reboots, slow scrolling, and Safari just starts with a black screen that I can’t get passed (tried all sorts of things) so have had to revert to other browsers.
Same happens to me. I don't know what to do besides using Firefox ugh

agsystems

macrumors 65816
Aug 1, 2013
It's for my main and only iPhone. I don't have a good spare to use as test device.
I would stay away from it - I have to remove it from Ipad pro 11 because of constant freezes and it actually locked up twice (no accepting any touches) requiring me to wipe the device clean - not an issue as I have multiple Ipads I can use.
I don't install betas on mine or my employer provided phone

jona2125

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2010
No one likes change. It's better, and you'll get used to it.

The change is further inconvenience. I'm not sharing anything when that menu is brought up I'm just trying to save documents/links. I don't have anything to share and it really is frustrating how cumbersome they made it.

Reactions: nickgovier
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.