Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Eve, known for its line of HomeKit-enabled smart products, today announced the availability of its newest HomeKit accessory, the Eve Light Strip.

First announced at CES, the Eve Light Strip is advertised as the brightest HomeKit-enabled LED strip to date with 1,800 lumens and support for full-spectrum white and millions of colors.

evelightstrip1-800x394.jpg

At 1,800 lumens, the Eve Light Strip will be brighter than the Philips Hue Lightstrip Plus, which is 1,600 lumens, and it will provide enough light to replace a standard room lamp at its brightest levels.

The Eve Light Strip is 6.6 feet long but can be cut at one-foot intervals for use in smaller areas or increased to 32.8 feet by adding 6.6 foot extension strips.

Preset colors are included with the Eve Light Strip, but you can also create your own using the Eve app.

evelightstrip2-800x533.jpg

Eve Light Strip connects to a home's WiFi setup and is HomeKit compatible, which means that it responds to Siri voice commands, can be controlled via the Home app, and works in scenes with othe HomeKit products.

Eve is debuting the Light Strip today and it can be purchased from the Eve website for $79.95. Extensions are priced at $49.95.

Article Link: Eve's HomeKit-Enabled Light Strip Now Available for Purchase

saudade

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2015
Has been waiting 4 this. I gonna put it on my car. Will looks fabulous

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
I love this stuff, but I admit that in 20 years it's gonna be as dated and tacky as shag carpet and wood panel.
Ah but shag carpet and wood paneling has made a comeback here and there. Mid century modern is what I think the designers are calling this stuff now.

Reactions: DailySlow

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
I’d like to get something like this but can’t justify the cost. I have recessed ceiling lighting in my master bedroom that is the only remaining non-led lighting in my house. It’s not very bright and I’d need a lot of it. I’m wondering if I could just buy a regular LED strip and install a smart dimmer switch for the sexy times.

GaryMumford

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2008
UK
Looks nice, but what if you simply want to turn the lights on without Siri or a mobile device. how do you control it? I could use these in my kitchen, but my kids who don't have iPhones or iPad in their hands every waking hour will not be able to simply turn the lights on when needed.

BaccaBossMC

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2016
NC, USA
If you can do without the Homekit compatibility, you can get 6m of RGB LED strips, plus remote, controller, and PSU for $20 on Amazon, which can then be cut every 3-6 inches, depending on strip, and shaped as you please using standard 10mm 4-pin extenders and elbows.

McTool

macrumors 6502
Feb 14, 2016
I’d like to get something like this but can’t justify the cost. I have recessed ceiling lighting in my master bedroom that is the only remaining non-led lighting in my house. It’s not very bright and I’d need a lot of it. I’m wondering if I could just buy a regular LED strip and install a smart dimmer switch for the sexy times.
Philips Hue. The remote sticks with a magnet in the wall so you can take it wherever. Can be set to 8 different scenes.

bstpierre

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2008
Looks nice, but what if you simply want to turn the lights on without Siri or a mobile device. how do you control it? I could use these in my kitchen, but my kids who don't have iPhones or iPad in their hands every waking hour will not be able to simply turn the lights on when needed.

They can just talk to the HomePod or the AppleTV. ;)

Reactions: brushlee

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
You wouldn't need an inverter. A $15 12V-to-24V DC step up transformer will do the trick. A USB powered WiFi router can be had for $20 (not a hotspot, but you don't need that for this).

So you don't need luck; you just need $115 and a desire to pimp your ride.

Has been waiting 4 this. I gonna put it on my car. Will looks fabulous

You might be able to, seems like the controller is separate from the Power Supple.

Screenshot 2019-02-05 at 22.35.03.png

Last edited:
Reactions: saudade

GaryMumford

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2008
UK
They can just talk to the HomePod or the AppleTV. ;)
I don't have a HomePod and to use the AppleTV... well ok. walk in the kitchen and need to turn the lights on, so leave the kitchen and go to the living room, find the AppleTV remote, turn on/wake the AppleTV and say "Hey Siri, turn on the kitchen lights", go back to the kitchen... Yep, that sounds like a plan :rolleyes:

Now if the power adapter had connections to wire it to a normal light switch so you can manually turn on and off without loosing HomeKit compatibility (like having a built in Shelly1 or Sonoff type of thing thats HomeKit compatible), then I'd be really interested.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.