Evidence that AT&T is rolling out LTE soon in my area?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ineel, Dec 30, 2011.

1. ineel macrumors regular

Hi there. I was just wondering how I can tell if AT&T is prepping to roll out LTE in my area. I currently have the iPhone 4 which has the 7.2mbps hspa downlink capabilities. I've noticed from the time I got my phone (June '10) I was averaging a download speed of under 1mbps at any given time and it would be cool if it ever went above 1. I've been doing some speed tests with my phone at various times of the day this past week and noticed that my average download is just under 4mbps and at late night it reaches as high as 5.5mbps. I don't know if they just increased capacity or if it's because they did backhaul upgrades to the tower in prep for lte. The tower that serves my home is one of the stadium lights at the local high school. The tower also serves two shopping centers, an NBA arena and the suburbs that surround the area. Now I don't have the iPhone 4s, but I wonder how fast ones data speed would be on that. Verizon brought lte to our airport in its initial lte rollout and expanded it to the rest of the city less than 6 months later. So if AT&T started in 15 markets right now, I'm guessing we could have lte in my city by the time the (hopefully) lte iPhone comes out next year. I would love to hear everyones input on this topic!

2. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Just to be on the same page, LTE doesn't work on any iPhones.

So in other words, your speeds wouldn't be any difference on your iPhone even if they had deployed LTE.

But since they are different, it could mean that AT&T increased their 3G network in your area.

3. apollo1444 macrumors 65816

how can you possibly know this antenna is an AT&T antenna?