Ew! What was SmallDog thinking...

t300

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 10, 2004
976
0
Am I missing something? This "guy" is hideous and very scary.

 

t300

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 10, 2004
976
0
Flowbee said:
Am I missing something, or is this another drunk thread?
This is NOT a drunk thread. Is that not the most hideous thing you have seen to put on a banner advertising your company?
 

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
8,643
0
It's to frighten you into voting, so that people like that guy don't decide for you?
 

t300

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 10, 2004
976
0
iMeowbot said:
It's to frighten you into voting, so that people like that guy don't decide for you?
Well, it frightens me to do something, I don't know about voting. I'll feel like an idiot here, if I am missing something...because I just have no idea why that shemale is on that banner. I love SmallDog..But...I am so confused. :p
 

t300

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 10, 2004
976
0
Okay, WHEW...I am glad it wasn't just me hallucinating at 2 o'clock in the morning.
 

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
22,407
0
VA
Maybe they were going for a guy in the street look and not a model. Well, they might have gone a little too far :D

A bit bizarre, actually.

D
 

t300

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 10, 2004
976
0
Mr. Anderson said:
Maybe they were going for a guy in the street look and not a model. Well, they might have gone a little too far :D

A bit bizarre, actually.

D
lol...Yeah! Maybe they were going for a guy who'd like to be a model on the street.....corner.
 

vniow

macrumors G4
Jul 18, 2002
10,282
0
I accidentally my whole location.
Uhh, I don't get it. So the guy looks a little ragged and has an odd stare on his face, no real reason to freak out, geez. BTW, if you want to keep a civil discussion on this forum for as long as I'm involved with it, I would suggest that the word "shemale" isn't mentioned again in this context.
 

t300

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 10, 2004
976
0
vniow said:
Uhh, I don't get it. So the guy looks a little ragged and has an odd stare on his face, no real reason to freak out, geez. BTW, if you want to keep a civil discussion on this forum for as long as I'm involved with it, I would suggest that the word "shemale" isn't mentioned again in this context.
First of all, the "guy" looks a little more than ragged with a odd stare. No one is FREAKING out and going crazy, it's simply an observation. And why wouldn't it be civil to mention shemales in this context...? If someone thinks someone looks like a shemale, it is no different than someone thinking someone is Italian. No one here said "Ew, they look like a shemale, and you know about those shemales, no one likes them at all." It's simply not that, so why all the fuss about something you say you don't get in the first place?
 

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
2,580
0
On a jet plane
The guy is everywhere! Spotted in BBspot's, 'Which Nigerian Spammer are You?'. Either this guy is a minor internet celebrity or he's just haunting me, either way it deserves a :eek:
 

Attachments

t300

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 10, 2004
976
0
munkle said:
The guy is everywhere! Spotted in BBspot's, 'Which Nigerian Spammer are You?'. Either this guy is a minor internet celebrity or he's just haunting me, either way it deserves a :eek:
Oh my gosh...Well, this is indeed a weird conspiracy.
 

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
2,580
0
On a jet plane
It's a different photo to the one used on SmallDog's 'special' ad, which just makes it that much odder. There are multiple photos of this guy floating around?!
 

t300

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 10, 2004
976
0
There's no doubt about it that this "man" is indeed...out of this world, But I have seen worse. What I am now trying to figure out is WHY Smalldog, such a nice little, dog-friendly, Mac selling company, decided to use this figure on one of their banners that is seen by millions....
 

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
8,643
0
munkle said:
It's a different photo to the one used on SmallDog's 'special' ad, which just makes it that much odder. There are multiple photos of this guy floating around?!
I'm sure that if you poke around an archive like Getty you'll find him.

To see a similar phenomenon, go to the Inquirer's search page and look for "dell girl"



BTW, "shemale" is considered a derogatory term, and there was no mistaking its meaning given the way it was used. That's why it received a negative reaction.