Ex-Cons and Converts Fill ISIS ranks

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by hulugu, Jan 25, 2016.

1. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

An interesting article from The Atlantic about ISIS recruits:

Some of ISIS's most feverish members are recent converts to Islam, who are already intimately involved in criminality and violence

2. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

No surprising. We know from American prisons that converting to Islam is quite common for inmates.

We also know converts tend to take it to 11 to show the strength of their faith.

3. FieldingMellish Suspended

ISIS always appeared to me to be the ultimate gang.

4. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

This forum would be a good recruiting tool for them, littered with anti-Muslim hatred. It would make a great sub-heading under a Donald Trump poster.

5. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

:rolleyes:o_O

6. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

C'mon, H. Don't you know it's hateful and racist to start a conversation about an international Jihadist group using legitimate sources, especially when your legitimate source is a highly-esteemed magazine that has been in continuous publication since 1857?

You need to understand that a bunch of Stetson-wearing yahoos sitting around doing nothing in Nowheresville, Oregon, are far more of a threat than an organization which has murdered tens of thousands of people in the ME, hundreds of people in Europe, and at least fourteen people in the United States.

7. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

Posting news is hatred? And this section is horrendously anti Christian, so I assume that too is a recruiting tool as well based upon your line of reasoning.

8. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Post a request in the Site Forum & Feedback for a safe space.