Ex-Dallas Cop Indicted for Murder in Botham Jean Killing

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Nov 30, 2018.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/...yger-Indicted-on-Murder-Charge-501627481.html
    this one was fishy from the start, glad she is facing charges.

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Hopefully, she is convicted and sent away for a long time.

3. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Good. When a civilian causes harm to a police officer, the consequences are usually more severe. The officers should be held to the same standard when it comes to incidents like this, especially when they are not responding to a crime.

4. raqball macrumors 68000

Justice will be severed and she will get her day in court.. Convicted more than likely and decades in prison.

However, maybe this will serve notice to the protestors and rioters who acted like idiots during this investigation and process. Maybe (yeah right) they've learned to wait before deciding to act like animals....

You know, imbeciles like this young lady wearing her 'off the pigs' shirt...

[​IMG]

5. Zenithal macrumors G3

My memory of this is skimp, but wasn't she dating him or weren't they closer than what she initially said to investigators?

6. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

That would make it look worse for her, not better. Originally, she just walked into the wrong apartment.

7. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Deflection noted. This is absolutely irrelevant to the case at hand, but yeah, deflection indeed.

BL.

8. Zenithal macrumors G3

I must be thinking of another cop on civvy shooting then. They happen so often it's hard to keep track.

9. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

Tons of misinformation came out during that shooting.

10. raqball macrumors 68000

Tons of misinformation in most shootings.. The mob reacts to bogus 'hands up, don't shoot' garbage-mumbo-jumbo type stuff, cities are burned to the ground, businesses looted and imbeciles wear shirts that say 'off the pigs' instead of waiting for the facts, findings or results of investigations....

11. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Until you get a Rodney King, or a Justine Diamond, or a Thurman Blevins, which completely shoots your argument down, but hey, it's all just misinformation, right? :rolleyes:

BL.

12. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Was there tons of misinformation in THIS shooting?

13. JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

There was a fair amount of it on the side of rationalizing why the officer might of entered the wrong apartment, then of course there was the spin off stuff. Caused by the police for some reason needing to investigate the victim to suddenly find drugs as if that had anything to do with things. So as far as inciting mobs, if you were on the side of the officer there might be reason to be upset. If you were on the side of the victim, any rage might involve the fact that it revolved around another shooting of an unarmed black man. Only this time it was in his own apartment while he was minding his own business.

I think one could see why some people were a little upset. :cool:

14. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I'm surprised the charge was upped from manslaughter to murder.

If they believe her story that she killed someone she thought was an intruder, manslaughter would be the charge, you'd think. Murder suggests they don't believe her and think she intended to kill this man.

Be interesting to see what the DA knows about this that we don't.

15. raqball macrumors 68000

Being upset is fine.. Questioning the investigation is fine but do it responsibly, like a well adjusted adult and not like an animal.........

The media and the terrorist organization BLM were responsible for most of the race mongering and hysteria in this case. They once again worked people into a frenzy... All that needed to be done was wait for the investigation to be completed, the trial to happen and then react, like a well adjusted adult, to the results...

Agree.. That was my 1st thought as well...

16. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I was also surprised to see this. I understand why they want to get her for murder rather than manslaughter, I'm not sure they will be able to convince a jury beyond reasonable doubt.

17. raqball macrumors 68000

Depends on what they have......

Grand Juries are a one-sided rubber stamp.. One side presents what it wants them to hear and gears the presentation towards the charge they want filed..

For the murder charge to stick, I assume thy'd need some proof that she intended to kill him.. I suppose, without looking at the state law, there may be a reckless element that plays into it... I'll need to do some Googling to see the elements of the charge though...

18. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

Murder is harder to prove. She might walk if he can’t prove it

19. JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

Perhaps I'm fuzzy, do we selectively suspend the 1st Amendment when it comes to the authorities? You may have no reason to fear or suspect the police, but that isn't true for everyone. I once again refer anyone to the Boston court ruling on that.

Second, I know it's a narrative that some wanted really bad, including former elf in charge, but could you list a few of the terrorist activities that BLM has engaged in? Once again, since I still don't get the fictional members newsletter, I've never seen or heard of any such proven terrorist activities. I mean, don't get me wrong, I've heard of them being terrorists from those who've decided they don't want a BLM, but they've never shared anything proven. I've only had to go on biased say so to go on.

Lastly, I don't remember there being much frenzy, race mongering, or hysteria. Just a lot of shock that someone can enter your own home 'accidentally', somehow open the door, shoot you, then claim it was because they thought you were an intruder in your own home they entered. Not much race mongering needed, just plain shock that a police officer could do that, and then the police themselves would put an effort to do a cover of sorts. That is until shock & outrage ( you can't escape the over lying fact that it was a white police officer shooting another unarmed black man, that narrative has been painfully laid out repeatedly over & over to make it unescapable ) forced other authorities to get involved and look into it, to get us to here. Yes race was involved, because well, it was another white police officer shooting an unarmed black man. We just hear that too often. It became really interesting because the efforts to play the officer as the good guy, and smear the victim with bits scoured from his past or social media wasn't going to work. He was in his own home minding his own business like any other human being when he was killed. When that didn't work out, the police suddenly needed to investigate the whole apartment, not the area of incident, to find weed. Because we all know that only dead black guys smoke weed in the privacy of their own apartment, so maybe that was a factor... Oh wait, that didn't fly. So we got the unprecedented bit of a police officer's mugshot used, instead of their academy graduation photo, posted by the police & media. There was a lot of competing & interesting narratives going on here, just not the ones you want to run with.

Now mind you, if you need this be another case of fear baiting for the ever threatening ( what has BLM done lately to scare anyone? ) presence of BLM, then I can't stop you. Have that party. Just bear in mind, the version of this you've been running with, seems a tad bit more fantastic then the one that played out.

As said earlier though, it's your deflection...
    --- Post Merged, Dec 1, 2018 ---
    Cynically speaking from my own biased perspective, I believe that maybe intentional. It shows that an attempt to prosecute the officer was made so they don't look bad, but the officer can later walk because it's a case they can't reasonably prove. A win win of sorts. Except for the victim & his family.

I hope I am wrong.

20. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Granted I don't know all the info that the DA does, I'd say she has a better than 50-50 chance of being acquitted.

21. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

Look at jaymisterios post. Not the first time DAs make charges that are hard to convict so the cop ends up walking

22. raqball macrumors 68000

Over charging happens a lot.. See the Baltimore Marilyn Mosby debacle....

It will be interesting to follow this case and see what proof they have.. I briefly looked at TX murder statute and they must think her actions were intentional...

23. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Well, here’s the thing:
    Wiki

So perhaps the DA/grand jury are going for a home run, hoping to score at least a triple.

24. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Calling the police pigs is protected speech.

25. raqball, Dec 1, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2018

raqball macrumors 68000

Sure but that, along with insinuating they should be killed because she can't wait like a well adjusted non imbecile adult for the results makes it okay or acceptable?

There are a lot of things protected by free speech but that does not make them appropriate or right....

People do not need to insult others or advocate for their death because they do not agree with something - that has not even been decided yet.... In BLM land where riot, loot and burn cities to the ground is normal and acceptable behavior? Sure, but in rational thinking and well adjusted adult land, not so much...