Ex-Terrorist Who Led ‘Women’s March’ Will be Deported

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by ucfgrad93, Mar 26, 2017.

1. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Since she lied to get citizenship and into the country, then I have no problem with seeing her deported and stripped of her citizenship.

https://heatst.com/culture-wars/ex-terrorist-who-led-womens-march-will-be-deported/

2. Meister Suspended

Meister

3. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

4. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Let me get this straight: This individual threatened - or bothered - you gentlemen, more because she was one of the leaders of the women's march, than because she had convictions from an earlier life (led elsewhere), and may have lied (surely - with the mendacious Mr Trump in office where lying is a way of life and an endlessly protean and flexible tool of policy - this was something she could have explained away as "imitation being the sincerest form of flattery"?)

Perhaps I misunderstood the emphasis placed in the thread title........

5. ucfgrad93 thread starter macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Perhaps I should have just copied the quoted article's title: Ex-Terrorist Who Led ‘Women’s March’ Will be Deported

A natural born citizen can't be stripped of citizenship for lying. However, since Rasmea Odeh got into the country and citizenship under false pretenses, I'm glad that she is losing her citizenship and being deported.

6. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

No, we're glad a terrorist was kicked out of our country.

7. VulchR, Mar 26, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2017

VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Well, clearly the story of this one women invalidates what all the others were saying. I so hope the GOP thinks like misogynists who opposed the women's march.

8. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

I didn't realize it's possible to be stripped of citizenship after being naturalized.

9. ucfgrad93 thread starter macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Could you point out in my original post where I said the bolded? Or is this story not worthy of being discussed?

10. Meister Suspended

Meister

No.
    What all the others were saying invalidated what all the others were saying.

That the organizer woman was an islamic terrorist is really just icing on the cake.

11. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

You absolutely can. One of the first things we were told before I was naturalized was that we can be stripped of the citizenship and sent back if we commit crimes, terrorism or help communism (lol).

This woman should have never gotten a citizenship. If she came legally, she must have falsified documents needed from the local police or the ministry of Justice and defense of her country because if you have a criminal record, you cannot be allowed to come.

12. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Sorry - I didn't intend make any comment about you personally. I'll edit the post.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 26, 2017 ---
    What others?

13. Meister Suspended

Meister

14. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

But then what happens if you're no longer a citizen of the country you came from and have nowhere to be deported to? And doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of naturalization? I feel like once someone is naturalized they become our problem, shame on us for not catching her falsified documents earlier. At this point just lock her up for falsifying documents and that's it. Naturalization should be an irreversible process.

15. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

The US won't recognize your old citizenship when you become naturalized (except with a few countries) but your old country will definitely still allow you to come back. You don't lose the citizenship from there.

If you read the article, it says that they made a deal with her, instead of being sent to prison here she chose to be sent back.

16. Meister Suspended

Meister

And of course she chooses to go to Jordan - a regular champion of "women's rights"

You couldn't make this **** up if you tried really hard.

17. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Oh. You mean the one I never heard of until this issue came to light?

Yeah, I've always been a big fan. :rolleyes:

18. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

Well I can't say I'm that disappointed. I doubt she wrote any of this, but she is listed as a co-author. I wonder where some authors come up with this nonsense. Is that really a claim that things have worsened for women since the 1980s? There has been a period of wage stagnation, but that isn't specific to women.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/feb/06/women-strike-trump-resistance-power

There's more nonsense. I try to include enough for context, and of course you can always click on the link. I often agree with them on a lot of things, but I dislike the overly general rhetoric, because it conveys specific views via insinuation. If they stated the same things in a direct manner, no one would take them seriously.

The headline still kind of angers me. It sounds like someone was trying to dig up dirt on a political opponent. If it was discovered in an unrelated manner, then I wouldn't really care. I guess I am slightly conflicted.

19. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Interesting. My parents immigrated in the 70's from a country that no longer exists. Where would they be sent back to if stripped of their citizenship?

20. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

21. niploteksi macrumors regular

You just don't get it do you? Clearly, to a lot of insightful people, women's rights activists are nothing but terrorists. No normal woman would protest for her rights. As one of our glorious world leaders recently phrased it: "our prostitutes are without question the best in the world".

Women are considered by our intellectual elite to be either terrorists or prostitutes.

[​IMG]

Woman wanting equal rights are the most dangerous thing of our time... One really spiffy way of countering this is to make it legal for men to beat women at home.

:eek:o_O:eek:o_O:eek:o_O:eek:o_O

Three cheers for social progress!

22. ucfgrad93 thread starter macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Fine, changed to the title from the source article.

23. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

thats what russia just did.

24. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

The "source" title is :

Ex-Terrorist Who Led ‘Women’s March’ Will be Deported.

She did NOT lead that march so obviously the article you link is wrong.

25. ucfgrad93 thread starter macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Then perhaps you should take it up with Heat Street.